Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i want it all loptop DVD GPS

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ramjet gmc, Sep 23, 2003.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I want start off maybe what I want to do is asking too much but I got to ask
    I won a new lap top at the company picnic (yes I am glad) well I thought I would put it in the tow truck with the GPS and I have a DVD player in the truck also can I make the Outside DVD player play on the lap top I do not need sound I get threw the radio

To sum it up I want the gps laptop and dvd monitor on the laptop

Is their some thin else I should look at MP3 to the radio if you do speak up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

These questions might fit better in the Audio forum... but...

[ QUOTE ]
    can I make the Outside DVD player play on the lap top I do not need sound I get threw the radio

[/ QUOTE ]
    I can't think of any easy way to bring Video into a laptop. Unless of course you have a nice one with a video input. The laptop doesn't have a DVD-ROM? It would be much easier to get audio out of the laptop than video in.

If you have DVD in the laptop you could use the same interface for MP3's and DVD audio. There are several choices for bringing audio from the laptop to your vehicle stereo, from those cheesy cd/tape adapters and RF modulators, to the trick high priced interfaces by the big name car audio manufacturers.

The GPS part is easy.

3. ramjet gmc

i must have thinking of the gps part you can move it to audio -- in fact would you please move it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and thanks for the info

4. ramjet gmc

any one?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif