Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want more comfortable seats.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Codeman96, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

I am looking for something comfortable for the front seat/seats in my '84 Sub to replace my current vinyl bench. I wouldn't mind going buckets and console or a nice cloth bench what is close to being a bolt in?

Anyone got any pics?

2. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I just replaced the vinyl seats and plastic trim all around from a 90. The seat brackets didn't bolt up perfect needed to drill the rear holes. It is nice with the blue seats and the center console. Even changed the sunvisors to keep the woman happy. Little lights in her mirror. It's the small things they notice.

3. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  4. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

Not exactly what I was thinking. My Suburban is my tow rig so I need long haul comfort.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[​IMG]

not the best pic of them, but those are corbeau baja SS seats, bar none the most comfortable chair of ANY kind (automotive, office, lazy boy etc) I have ever put my butt in. If you have the ghetto booty, go with the Baja SS Ultra.

j

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

luxury seating..

I put a leather 6 way power seat from a 74 Eldorado in my 71 Suburban--It was not a bolt in,but it was not too hard to make it bolt in...looking back,I could probably have used the tracks off the original bench seat and adapted them to the caddy seat,but I just used flat stock 1" wide and 3/16" thick to relocate the holes where they needed to be...it was well worth the effort!--what was once a torture chamber to ride in,with springs poking you in the A$$,it was more like riding in the caddy after that!..I swapped that seat into my 72 K5 after I parted the Burb out--for some reason the doors hit the seat slighty on the Blazer,had to slam them to get them shut all the way--maybe a K5 is a tad narrower??. anyhow,it was a BIG improvement over the stock "chairs" in the K5 too!.. :crazy:

7. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

PRP has high quality seats. But there customer service SUCKS!!!!!!!

All I can say is they are a lot more comfortable than you think. If my F350 was not new I would put them in as a daily driver.

8. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

I put the seats out of a 2000 silverado pickup into my blazer, they are so much more comfortable than the stock seats and plus they are wider making it more comfortable for the Husky Gentleman.

9. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

Don't get me wrong I am sure they are comfy but as far as being in my DD I don't think they would be real practical or cheap enough for me to afford. LOL

Husky gentelman that would be a way to describe myself. LOL How difficult were they to mount?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2005
  10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Capt. swivel seats from a van at your local salvage yard. :waytogo: :waytogo:

11. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

bought front and rear seats from

a wrecked 2000 Silverado pickup off of E-Bay.

Leather, power seats with integral seat belts.

$500 for all.

Look there first

Fred

12. drofdar

drofdar 1/2 ton status

Seats

JC Whitney has seats from Smittybilt. They are really nice, but major coin. They also have a simple bracket set to adapt for any vehicle.

13. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

They were not to terribly diificult. First i got the seat postioned where i wanted it, Then i got a piece of flat stock and drilled a hole in one end and bolted it to the seat then i measured how far from the seat to the original holes in the floor and drilled another hole at the correct length and bolted it to the factory original holes. It took me the better part of an afternoon to get it all right.