Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i want more height, but how?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, May 26, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i wanna get a little taller but should i go with a 2", 3" body lift or go with 6" springs? i'm doing a 4" flip in the rear over the summer, so should i just go with a body lift and worry about suspension later?

p.s. my g/f thinks it's really tall now what's she gonna think if' i put a 3" body lift on?

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

do a 2" or do new body mounts and the 1" from ord...thats the cheap route...me, id put new springs on

Later

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

How much tire are you going to run later? I have a saggy 6" lift and I just got my 1" zero rate. I'm planning on putting it in the front and offsetting the axle foward 1". My 36's were rubbing the firewall at full stuff. I don't know if this is going to help things out enough. If it doesn't I'll be looking at doing a body lift too. I wasn't even considering a 3" though, I was thinking 1" or 2". My goal is to be able to fit 38's. What ever you do take pics and keep me updated.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

now i'm thinking a 2 or 3" body lift. now what i need is new front springs, we lifted my suburban by the bumper yesterday and it only drooped like 2-3" maybe these things are way too stiff!! i need some softer springs soon i don't like the way they ride either.

5. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

If you are doing the body lift... check into your body mounts real good. No harder to do them while doing the body lift... just a real pain if you ahve to do them in say a year from now and take it all apart again.

Ken H.