Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want my rear rockcrusher cover. CK5 group discount

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by gmc4cw, Apr 24, 2007.

1. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I placed an order for a 14 bolt cover 2 months ago exactly with Mad4wd. they completely dropped the ball. Grant, the owner of rockcrusher diffs is no longer associated with them. I had to find this out on Pirate.

I got his number and called him direct. Mad4wd lied to me about how many orders have been placed. they said I was one of 400 people waiting on the 14 bolt cover. Grant tells me there are 25 orders that are pending production.

Here's the problem and how you guys can help. He isn't going to make the covers until he has at least 50 orders. He makes batches of 60, 44, 30, 35 covers 1000 at a time. somewhere in the 35,000 members on here there has to be 25-30 people who want a strong cover thats cheap for their 14 bolt.

I get the feeling no one orders one because they aren't available right away.

Email him directly at Grant@rockcrusherdiffs.com and tell him you want a 14 bolt cover. He was unaware until I spoke with him on the phone today that there was as many chevy fans as there are. show him the power of CK5.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  2. gmc4cw

its gettin better all ready. here is what he sent me.

Hi Chas,
    Thank you for your e-mail, 1: do you think I should register on the forum? 2: what do you think about the idea of doing a special for members of the coloradok5 of a once off special of $70 including shipping anywhere in the U.S . Normal retail will be $87.00 + shipping which would be at least $17.00 to $18.00 because of the weight and the size of the cover.Look forward to your response.

Kind Regards

Grant Shirley
    Rockcrusher Diff LLC

We all love a discount.

3. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i called them a few weeks ago and they told me that production was down and they were on backorder...they said the next batch would be available around may 20th:eek1:..unless i talked to someone elce not the guy you talked to he was a total a$$..thats why i told myself id rather give dan the extra money...customer courtesy basically tells me were to spend my dollars:D...

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Those have been on permanent backorder since Mad4wd started the sale.....

5. gmc4cw

and from what I have gathered Mad4wd is mostly to blame. thye are no longer invovled with rockcrusher. Grant has gone out on his own.

I called Mad4wd once and got Paul, the welder. he couldn't stop cussing on the phone long enough to listen to what I was saying. everytime I call there I get someone else and none of them no what the others are doing. Get a secretary and put someone in charge.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had ordered one, but after 3 months I got a deal on a GLO from a member here and cancelled the order.

7. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I ordered one from Mad already, back on Jan 5th, and still waiting (getting close to 4 months now). I did have some problems with Mad, other than waiting or the 14's cover. They over-charged me for shipping.. but finally credited it back.

It would be nice to get these things made, and into the waiting hands of those who want them. I'm just so jaded about my dealings with Mad, and now the 4 month wait with no word.. that I'm about ready to sell my unused 60, and find or make a different pair of covers.

The 60's cover does seem well made. Since I don't attack things like a comp buggy, it should probably suit my needs. It looks/feels plenty beefy to me. I wouldn't mid getting the 14's.

8. gjcrusher

gjcrusher Registered Member

Rockcrusher 14 Bolt Diff Covers

This is Grant from Rockcrusher Diffs. First I would like to say thanks for your support so far with the cover orders. I just wanted to clear a few things up for everyone. Mad4wd is no longer responsible and never really were for what has happened. We have been doing our best to get all the Diff Cover orders taken care of as soon as possible.

When making a product like this is a must to have a large quantity order to make it worth doing. When we make the Dana covers, we make anywhere from 500 to 1000 at a time. What we need to do is get some more orders together before it is worth actually making the 14 Bolt covers.

The patterns and tooling is already to go all we need to do is turn the covers on once we have enough orders to do a small run. In all honesty there will not be much money to be made on the covers at first but that is ok with us because we need to get the product out to our loyal customers as soon as possible.

These covers are not made from just ordinary cast iron, they are actually 100% Australian Ductile Iron and are heat treated to add even more strength. This combination makes for an unbreakable diff cover. We have yet to have a return for a damaged cover in 7 years. Every cover will come with a no questions asked LIFETIME WARRANTY.

9. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Well how many orders do you need and how many do you already have? I'll be building my 14bff as soon as my D44 is finished, so a month wait will be no big deal. If you were serious about the $70 including shipping and everything I'll place my order Friday when I get paid.

10. twoslo4five0

you seem like a nicer guy than i talked to the other day on the phone..he had a austrailian accent and was not very friendy...i had almost lost all respect for your company but now i have gained it back with you reaching out to the ck5 community...i havent ordered a set but would like a 44 and 14bff when you start making them again..

11. tomford

tomford 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So does anyone have a link to what they look like, i cant picture it right now, id like to get one for the 14bff

Tom

12. txfiremank5

Thanks for the input, Grant. So far I'm impressed with the 60's RC cover. Like I said, it looks plenty beefy, and well made. Like you said too, ductile steel is pretty tough stuff.

Be sure to keep us posted as things progress. I think th eworst thing, is no info at all, and is what will often cause people to move on. So, any input you might be able to give from time to time will be well received.

Welcome to CK5 :thumb:

13. txfiremank5

www.rockcrusherdiffs.com

14. gjcrusher

Rockcrusher 14 Bolt design

Dear members thank you for your support for our product firstly to the ck5 member who spoke with me on the phone who I was short with I sincerely apologise that is not me normally I guess you just caught me on a wrong day but still that is no excuse.
    To the members who are wondering what the 14 bolt is going to look like, our designs on our differential covers are all the same just imagine a 60 cover on steroids, same rockcrusher logo , same fin design, filler plug standard, all hardware standard and of course made from 100% australian ductile iron and heat treated for extra strength. OF COURSE LIFE TIME WARRENTY!
    To the other ck5 member asking how many orders do we need to start a production run, we need the minimum of 150 , we have 30 orders standing now. we will do a special pricing for members of this forum of $70 per cover including shipping to all 48 states.
    Regards

Grant
    Rockcrusher LLC

15. txfiremank5

Since I have an order in (placed Jan 5 or so) does my price through Mad still stand on my cover?

16. twoslo4five0

if we place an oreder now when should we expect to recive the cover???and if i ordered a 44 cover also would i recive it at the same time???

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  17. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So it could be 2-3 months or longer before orders are filled ?

18. tomford

tomford 1/2 ton status Premium Member

id like to know the same, id like a d44 and a 14bff.

My friend has a diff cover from ya for the d60 and i really liked it, seems nicely build

Tom

19. twoslo4five0

hey man everyone has bad days...i understand...its just the people that are always having a bad day that i cant handle...

20. gjcrusher

No we will honor the $70 delivered price, we were just using Mad4wd's web page until our own new rockcrusher page was up and running. please send me an e-mail with your name so I can adjust the price in my system. grant@rockcrusherdiffs.com