Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want one of these

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, May 8, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Too bad I dont have 5k sitting around [​IMG]
    [​IMG] tentrax

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Man, that bottom picture has me dying. I would love to just to be able get time to get out and do that, the tent/trailer would make it better.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

5K???? [censored] that noise. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I always thought they were cool but for that kinda money I think that will go on the list of things to make Myself.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Saweeeeeeet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

it wouldnt be impossible to camp in a k5 unless you have done all kinds of wacky shiznit in the back and you cant fit an air-matress in there anymore. My gf doesnt wanna go wheelin with me anymore, so when I go on multi-day trips Im prolly just gonna camp in my rig. I have a small air matress that will fit np... and unlike my time in the grunts I'll be up and out of the dirt/rocks/mud while i sleep. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it wouldnt be impossible to camp in a k5

[/ QUOTE ]
    Son I have slept a month of Sundays in the back of My Blazer. I ain't no rookie to this Blazer thing. I've had it for over 13 years now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ive never actually *camped* in mine... Ive slept in the back seat before, but never literally camped in it. My gf and I prolly couldnt get to cozy in there between the wheel wells, we are both restless sleepers and need room... but if all that space was just for me it'd be np... and much easier than towing a off-road-capable trailer everwhere i went. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats the only thing my Blazer was good for in Moab.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I want one of these to match the Blaze.

http://www.4x4trailers.com/Expedition%20Trailer.htm

But not at hose prices. Sheesh. I have had some quotes for similar.

We have spent many miles and nights in the blazer. We usually leave the 'bed' made with all the crap secured on top of it. That saves a ton of time in setup. The air compressor helps with the mattress also /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The longest trip: 4200 miles from Redding Ca all over Western Canada. Jasper was the farthest North. Only 2 nights in hotels and that was mainly for a shower and washing clothes /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

A trailer would be awesome - there are so many ways you can configure it for toys, gear, campstoves, spares etc....

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

12. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

For the keeds, dogs, and swimming pool. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    it wouldnt be impossible to camp in a k5

[/ QUOTE ]
    Son I have slept a month of Sundays in the back of My Blazer. I ain't no rookie to this Blazer thing. I've had it for over 13 years now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I lived in my 72 K5 for a month. Yes it was winter at the time. My girlfriend and I got into a big fight, she said some crap about I couldn't go 30 days with out her, or anyone else's help, so my pride got in the way of sence, and I proved her wrong. Ofcorse I was alot younger and not so wise back then. Now I would just agreed and enjoyed the nice warm house.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've got two three inch thick foam mats. I learnt myself at Frank Raines back in February that putting the back seat up, recline the front seats, lay down said mats on top of each other and said K5 owner may sleep nice and cozy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

at pismo 2 weekends ago a guy had and older heep, i dont know what kind it was but it was the older style. behind it he was towing a trailer made out of the back half of the same style heep. same color and everythig. it was super clean looking. i was impressed.

16. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

no way i would fit in that thing... i can't even fit well in my k5!

17. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Pfffffft.... I got a sleeping bag and the seats in my X fold down for a perfect fit once I get that darn spare tire out of there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Of course it'll be nicer when I get a Suburban someday... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif