Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want the best of both worlds. (transmission)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dieselmh, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to find out if anybody makes a reverse valve body for a TH350 that will work in manual or auto mode. I want to be able to shift if manually whenever needed, but I'd like to be able to just drop in it 3rd and let it shift on it's own sometimes too. I'd like to retain compression braking if possible, but since I don't really run rocks, I can live without it if necessary. I did a search but didn't really come up with any positive answers as to what's available. Most of the kits I find are full manual only, or are manual/auto but are not reverse pattern. I know, I know, beggers can't be choosers, but dammit, I want both! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I run a reverse man valve body with compression brakeing in my TH400, Art Carr makes them http://artcarr.com

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    It looks like they only offer the valve body with compression braking in all gears for the Th400... that kinda sucks cause I'd like one and I'm running a 350

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

B&M offers a kit called a "Transpak" that provides shift kit type of firmness and manual/auto shift characteristics. If I remember correctly it retains compression braking in all gears.

Edit: this will retain the forward shift pattern.

5. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    B&M offers a kit called a "Transpak" that provides shift kit type of firmness and manual/auto shift characteristics. If I remember correctly it retains compression braking in all gears.

Edit: this will retain the forward shift pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I figured that by now someone would make a kit that has the reverse pattern with auto/manual capabilities, but I guess not. Thanks for the help guys.