Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want to complain about some more stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

#1 - WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY are companies making things in the form of bars? you have the stupid cereal bars which are disgusting and are nothing like a bowl of cereal... more like cereal surrounding a pure sugar center... And why are people so busy these days that they can't have a bowl of cereal in the morning??? It's not like it's hard to prepare, so if mommy and daddy aren't prepared to get to work on time without a rush, the kid can make it him or herself... I don't see why a kid should be in a hurry to get to hell... err... school...

#2 - I saw an ad for Lays Stax or something... another snack in a plastic tube... WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WWWHHHHYYYYY are we eating from plastic tubes? That's a load of crap... I want my chips in a BAG!!! You hear me? A BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 - Everyone is making philly cheese steak now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It used to be I'd have to go to Little Philly for a good cheese steak... and they deliver too! But ever since last week happened, I can get it in the form of pizza, or go to Quiznos and get it (I haven't been there in a while)... I'm sure I saw Applebee's saying "we have philly cheese steaks" on their big flashy sign, but I might've bee seeing things in my blinding rage about everyone making Philly Cheese Steaks and making LITTLE PHILLY NOT SPECIAL anymore!!!!!!!

#4 - Yeah... I interviewed for this job at a hotel last week... The dude said I'd have a second interview later in the week... So he called on Monday (a week after the first interview) and asked me to go in yesterday... so I went in for an interview, and I hate those things... The manager of the hotel said she wanted to check my references, and Gary would be giving me a call today by 2 to let me know if I got the job and give me directions to the drug testing place... So I finally get to sleep last night after staring at the wall till midnight, and I'm woken up a half hour later by my phone ringing... I stare at it till it quits then check my voice mail... It's from a guy named Paul at the hotel saying he told me the wrong time and I actually work from 2-10... And I was like WTF I don't even work there yet and people I don't even know are already calling me at midnight to tell me what they told me was wrong and we've never spoken to each other EVER... Oh and Gary never called me... I quit my temporary job because I was about 99.999999% sure I was getting the job, so unless Gary's a jackass and calls tomorrow I'm without a job again, right back where I was last month...

Good thing I have Static X to listen to, something has to keep Carl and his complaining sane and reasonable /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Ummm... yeah... I went outside to get my Static X CD's since I only have a few MP3s... and I saw a lady driving her Furd down the wrong side of the road very slowly... upon further looking, I see she's got her arm out the window holding a leash with a dog attached walking down the sidewalk... How's that for lazy? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

OK WTF? dog on leash???? I'm tired of all the packaging crap you get with stuff anymore. Do we really need 4 layers between us and our snacks??? My hands are usually covered in grease when I eat them anyway. If I saw that woman in the ford I've jump in my truck and rip down the street then come back and sit right in front of her honking my horn and yelling at the lazy ass. I'm tired of stupid people.

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

is incessant whining a ford thing? or is it just you? no wait, its not just you because i always have to fix whiny ford owners crap...yep...sorry...and as far as cereal bars go...i had some oatmeal and fruit ones, those are pretty damned good...eating food out of a plastic tube? so you dont drink sodas? or take medicine?? its a convenience thing..philly cheese steak is so easy to do, everyone is making it because they can capitalize on it...leave it to a hotel worker to call at some insanely rude hour and to a ford owner to drive the dog...
    that is all for my end of your rant...goodbye...

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah, it's a furd owner thing /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Umm... the cereal bars I'm talking about are those stupid things... like fruit loops and cheerios and stuff...

AND just to be an ass, you don't eat soda, you don't eat pills, you drink soda and take pills /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But I don't mean tubes in general... just those stupid things that belong in bags, like chips and stuff... Now ya have a choice between a fancy pants plastic container or your old fashioned bag... and I don't want a choice, I WANT THE BAG /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Ever see that episode of Futurama where Fry is eating oreos? Each cookie is in it's own wrapper, then inside that wrapper each side of the orea is wrapped seprately and so is the filling... That's what we're headed for. It's ridiculous that people are so lazy that they have to have everything in a single serving size. Some stuf I understand, like soda and beer since it goes bad if it's in a big container, but why little packages of cookies and chips?

I can rant about some stuff too...

What the hell is the deal with Lunchables? You might as well feed your kids rat droppings, they're probably about as nutritious and would have fewer preservatives...

Cooking is going to be a lost art to most people in another 30 years. How many 20-somethings do you know that can actually cook more than 1 or 2 different things that they make only to make other people think they can cook? No wonder Americans are so fat (myself included), we live in a time where we'd rather spend 20 minutes to drive to and from McDonalds then spend the same 20 minutes making a decent meal that would cost one quarter what fast food costs.

How many people do you think could survive if you dropped them in the middle of the woods somewhere? I'd venture to guess than fewer than 5% of people would last more than a month. We're so dependent on other people to do things for us that we couldn't take care of ourselves even if our lives literally depended on it. I used to see myself as an outdoorsman, but over the last 7 years or so I've hardly spent any time outside for any length of time. I think I *might* be able to survive in the wild on my wits alone indefinately, but only because I used to go out in the boonies alot when I was younger. I can make snares and can clean an animal so I can eat it. I guess it doesn't really matter inless you're going to be on Survivor, it's not like society is going anywhere anyways. That's evolution for you...

Speaking of evolution... I find it interesting that after millions of years of evolution to reach this "pinnacle" of the human species, we've come to a standstill at best. I would actually say that evolution is regressing at this point. People are sheep, reliant on a handful of other people or groups of people to provide for their day to day needs. We aren't as self-sufficient, healthy, intelligent or as creative as we were just 100 years ago. Sure we live longer, but only because of advances in medicine and quality of life. How long would a 500lb flatfooted colorblind schizophrenic hermaphrodite with scabies last if he had to chase a wooly mammoth across the open tundra with a spear in order to get dinner? How many years (think generations here...) would a tribe of homosexuals last, left to their own devices? It will be interesting to see what the world is like in another 50 years.

OK, so those weren't really rants, just random thoughts that run through my head from time to time. I think maybe I should have started a new thread or 3... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Speaking of oreos, I just tried the mini oreos a few days ago. Gotta say I like them. Only bad thing about them is the lack of mini-price !!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I'll never understand the need to miniaturize food either. I do not need a bite-sized hamburger, I have these things called teeth...

9. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hey there, well im 18 and i can cook pretty damned well...anything can be cooked on a grille...i do agree though that with so many fast food joints and ready made meals available to the public, "obesity" will increase and grocery stores might dwindle..whaddya think?

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Nah... If the grocery store is hurting for peeps, they can just build a McDonald's inside... Plus, people still need a place to get their lunchables /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would actually say that evolution is regressing at this point. People are sheep, reliant on a handful of other people or groups of people to provide for their day to day needs. We aren't as self-sufficient, healthy, intelligent or as creative as we were just 100 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Another nut case who thinks like I do /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

And I've been too philly(live pretty close after all) and had a REAL Philly Cheesesteak right from Pat's steaks, I must say I don't see whats so special /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. I agree that most people wouldn't survive out there. People like to call me a Redneck and act like I'm stupid cause I don't listen to rap music and act like those kids who would scream if they touched grease, all I have to say is, alright lets hit the woods and see who lasts? My k5 vs your civic then my survival skills vs yours. Not that there is much in the way of woods left anymore, unless you consider concrete a forest?

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

holy crap, y'all need to come out this way and see what the woods is all about... there's more woods and open space in Wyoming than land in your whole state /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif probably as many dirt roads as you have paved... But Wyoming is a little... behind... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[darn] behind, thats my place damnit, I'm moving out there someday, I swear I am. I'm so sick of this area. I like it but its just more and more and more buildings and developments. All the people from Philly move up here cause they want to get away from the crime and the people and live in the "country". I guess they miss the idea that when you take a farm and build a hundred houses on it, its no longer the country. They need to go the hell home and stop destroying mine.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    holy crap, y'all need to come out this way and see what the woods is all about... there's more woods and open space in Wyoming than land in your whole state /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif probably as many dirt roads as you have paved... But Wyoming is a little... behind... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ] So's western SD. Way behind the times. Kinda get sick of all the cowboy crap everywhere ya look. But that's part of the tourist trap stuff I guess.

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it would suck though if I moved out there, I would move there and suddenly everyone would start moving in and it would all become the same in 5 years.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    it would suck though if I moved out there, I would move there and suddenly everyone would start moving in and it would all become the same in 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ] Naw, way too much undeveloped areas around here. Plus the Black Hills National Forest is a awesome area to go wheeling in. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

someday I hope