Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want to do this right!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by anatomiczero, Apr 2, 2003.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

I want nice interior and a good sounding system. This is what it looks like, I put some indoor/outdoor carpet in the back after this pic. http://home.attbi.com/~anatomiczero/jimmy/interior2.jpg

Should I herculine the floor and sidepanels, just put in carpet, or do both? Would herculiner improve my stereo?

I want new front seats with a tuffy console and re-upholster the rear seat. I need new door panels, I could herculine the bottom part where carpet is supposed to be and that might look good.

I'm not sure what to do, So if you have any suggestions /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

3. Crunk_K5_1984

Crunk_K5_1984 Registered Member

Spray-in bedliner will reduce road noise from the tires, exhaust, etc. I think it would serve your purpose better to herculine it.

4. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Herculiner will help keep the rattles down and help protect your sheetmetal. Carpet will help slightly but would pretty much be up to personal preferance. You might also want to check this thread .

As for speaker placement in the front you can get kickpanels that hold speakers but they are kind of pricey. You can also cut out the doors for a speaker.