Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want to give away some stuff!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Nov 13, 2001.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I would like to have a monthly giveaway contest thing and am looking for ideas. Not sure for just members or for everyone, most likly everyone need input. The stuff I would give away is the stuff on the merchandise page, and as you know I will be adding more and more stuff, just my way of saying thanks for supporting this site.

One idea I had was to have a "create a saying for this pic" kind of thing, I think one of the mags does this, any others?

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

2. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Only Members.
    A bit more insentive for others to join....
    My 2¢...

KEN

DANGIT it's not a bronco!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/kensk5>My Picts</a>

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I like that idea.
    Or trivia questions on GM facts?
    or like some do a best Oops or Worst stuck, best one of the month gets the prize( maybe this will get more of us off of here and out wheeling[​IMG] Like I have room to speak, just call me Mr. 24/7[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

4. CK5

I could just award a prize to the GM of the month?

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Has to be a member

72 Blazer CST 400TPI NV4500 NP203/205
    01 Suburban 8100 2500 4X4

6. I would agree that only members. As far as how to do it, I would do something random, not a this or that contest. We are all different in our own little way and it would have to be something COMMON. GM knowledge is a good idea, but that wouldn't give the inexperienced guys and gals the equal chance to win.

Ok here is my idea: Find a picture of a GM part and you have to find out what it was, ie.. name of part, year(s) it fit, vehicle make(Chevy only) and model, and maybe even a GM P/N. Talk about a Bi+ch !!! Could get very interesting though and make some people do some serious research and lead to more Chevy knowledge !! You could use body parts to bearings, springs, ect... Things that some of us have never even seen. What do you think?

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>I Like my Burb'n on the ROCKS !!
    <font color=black>Imported to Kentucky through military channels !!

7. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I love the idea. I especially like the Worst Stuck of the Month. As long as it doesnt turn into a 'Most damage' or 'deepest submerge' every single month. Truckworld USA has a contest, but every pic that won a prize was a rollover or a submarine thing.
    I also think it should be members only to encourage more to join. The GM of the month should get sumthin too, even tho Ive already been chosen... forever ago... [​IMG]

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

8. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

look at all you members sayin' members only :)

I say make it for everyone :-)

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

$.25 $.25 $.25 $.25 $.25

ohh-- that was just me rolling my quarter's so I can join-- I hate missing out- and don't worry guys if Steve takes BigBurb's advise I won't win anything outta ya- I have a hard enough time figuring out what a axle looks like let alone what kind/number etc...

--Brandy

IF ONLY THE 3 YEAR OLD COULD TURN A WRENCH
    1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear 12 bolt dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305-

10. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

Being one that's not a member yet. I also think that it should be members only. Something to look foward to when you join.

BTW the check will be coming very soon.

Ric

<font color=red>Wheel hard or go home.</font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/bowtie1ton>MY K5</a>

11. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Be a member and do a random number pull. Remember we have several guys that are doing long term build ups so they couldn't have a worst stuck. They do the same thing over on the POR board with Jesse and his drive shafts.

79 Blazer 6"lift 38 SX's locked/4:56 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.keith.rockcrawler.com>www.keith.rockcrawler.com</a>

12. CK5

Yeah I was thinking about the random idea also, makes it the easist for me too.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

13. DaveDave

DaveDave 1/2 ton status

i say members only, without them you would not be here today.

14. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Members only worst stuck would work, get a little reward for all the pain that they had to go through

My 73 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm>http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm</a> 350/TH350/NP203, Q-jet, Edelbrock intake, Vortec heads, 4" lift, and 36" TSL's

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

members only......maybe that will get me to get my checkbook out....Hey Steve you accepting credit cards as payment yet, I've kindda been waitin' for that, You see I would have a hard time prying the checkbook from my wifes hands for a membership[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

16. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

how about the blazer of the month getting something like a sticker or tshirt or something i also like the idea of worst stuck[​IMG] i also like the random thing and as far as members only well there are some of us that have been here a while but just cant aford the extra $25 right now[​IMG] i will be a member but it probably wont be till after the first of the year its not that i dont want to help ck5 because i would do anything i can to help it just that i dont have the extra cash right now and i know there are others in my position

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

<font color=blue>Harvey, I like your idea!!! Post away ANY pic and I will tell you what it is and the part number, too!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]</font color=blue>

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

<font color=red>Hey Boss Fox, when I read the title to this thread, I knew immediately what I wanted to ask from you. That D60 laying in your garage!!! [​IMG]
    But then I read into the thread and all the replies. BUMMER!!! [​IMG]
    So, how about that D60? [​IMG] [​IMG]</font color=red>

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

19. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Steve, there are many diferent type of drivers and different uses that some of use use are k-5's for..... so I think you could do a theme of the month... changing the contest from month to month...... Trivia one month next may be a pic that you give a title for, and so on....... You could offer two different type of giveaway one for members and one for non-members......Of course the better prizes would be given to the member......

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

20. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Do it as a random drawing for members only. Have to log in and submit your name, basically like the drawings they do at stores, You have to put your name in to get the chance to win. Also for the rig of the month you might make a small sticker to go under the current member sticker stating rig of the month and the date ( K5 Blazer of the Month - December 2001) just my .02

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?