Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i want to rig my heater to a switch...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Oct 30, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

i just ripped out my old A/C bc it hastn worked in years. Today i took out the gauges for the heater and A/C on hte dash and put a CB in it's place. What i want to do is run my heater to switch next to my lights and such so that i still have access and use of the heater. It can get cold enough for it sometimes. Is there a way i can do this? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You could just run a pull cable for the flap valve (unless old one used vacuum like my 84 SUB). Then a toggle switch for high on the blower motor. Just run power to the switch and the other wire to the motor.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I ran a wire from the battery to the switch and from the switch to the blower motor, but you still have to have the heater controls... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    (unless old one used vacuum like my 84 SUB

[/ QUOTE ] I have vacuum and it sucks if you disconnect it , it's hard to find where it goes behind the dash... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif