Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want to trade for a front Dana 60

Discussion in 'Suspension | Axle' started by jboyes, Mar 28, 2007.

1. jboyes

jboyes 1/2 ton status

UPDATED

I posted this in the trade section too.

I am tired of breaking axles but don't have the cash to go out and buy a front Dana 60. I do have some things I would trade for one though, if anyone had a 60 just lying around. If it had 4.56 gear that would be a plus but it doesn't have to.

1. A Dell Inspiron 8500 (I was wrong when I said it was an 1100) 15.4 inch widescreen, 2.2 GHz P4, 512 MB RAM, 60 GB HD, DVD-RW, wireless card, comes with Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro. Also included is a carrying case.

2. A TH400 out of an '87 2wd 3/4 ton don't know the condition. I bought the truck for the 454.

3. Last I have the 10 bolt out of my K5. It is a 3/4 ton 10 bolt with 4.56 gears, an Auburn Posi and Warn Premium Hubs. I have replaced both the axles that broke.

Don't know if anyone would be interested in a trade like this but it doesn't hurt to throw it out there.

I would deliver this stuff when I come to pick up the axle. If you live or could meet me within 5-6 hours away from Columbus, KS (zip code 66725) then I would be willing to drive that far and meet you somewhere to make the swap.

PM me if you are interested. Thanks for looking.

-Jason

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  2. jboyes

jboyes 1/2 ton status

Updated

3. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

im in fla, have a complete 1 ton dually cheap if you're interested...

4. jboyes

jboyes 1/2 ton status

Is it in good condition?
    How cheap is cheap?
    I am interested but 1400 miles is a long way to drive. Although if it was a good enough deal I could do it.

Thanks for the offer.

Jason

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

trucks ok, the running gear is great,, i believe 3.73s though..
    1750 for the whole thing
    350/465/205
    d60/14bff c/c

6. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Numbers 2 & 3 sound interesting, what else ya got? I've got a 60 from an 83 dodge dually, external hubs, 4.56 open. Not exactly what you want, but pretty close.
    Jimbo

7. jboyes

jboyes 1/2 ton status

I have the TBI 350 that I pulled from my K5 when I put the 454 in. It burns oil and needs rebuilt but could be rebuilt fairly cheap. Other than that I really don't have too much. I have a front driveshaft, a tailgate that the window is stuck down in, maybe one or two good doors (no dents), three decent doors for a '72 chevy, and, 4 pretty wore out 37x12.50x15 TSL's. I think that is probably about it. Probably nothing that you are too interested in.

I would trade numbers 2 and 3, and anything else in my list there for your 60 and I would be willing to drive to you to get it. If you don't want anything that I listed then how much money would you want to even it out?

Thanks,

Jason

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  8. jboyes

jboyes 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a pretty good deal but that is where I run into trouble, I don't have the cash for it. If I had the cash I would be on it. That is why I am trying to trade.

Thanks,

Jason