Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want too

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

install my JVC KD-LX50 in the 2000 Alero GLS Coupe we just bought. Anyone know how the dash comes apart in these cars ??? I don't want to f_cker anything up !!!!!

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

The dash bezel should pull off with some light tugging, if not looks for some hidden screws. Then the radio simply unbolts.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I found out that I need to take the shifter handle off first, then pry up the plate at the shifter, unplug wires for gear indacater light, and the electronic traction controle switch, then the dash plate around the radio. I also fount out some of the cars electronics run through the factory radio, so it has too be relocated in the trunk (Special wire harness) so I'm just going too pay a local car stereo shop to install for me. I don't want too take a chance on f_ckering anything up in this car. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

It seems like the car maunufactures are trying to make it more and more difficult to add aftremarket equipment to their vehicles.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It seems like the car maunufactures are trying to make it more and more difficult to add aftremarket equipment to their vehicles.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm finding that out out the hard way, LOL. On the Alero, the air bag, door chimes, and warning buzzers all run through the factory stereo.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Z3PR, if you have the ability, I'd just run all new wires and tap a jeyed wire to a relay for the stereo. I run mine off switches

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Z3PR, if you have the ability, I'd just run all new wires and tap a jeyed wire to a relay for the stereo. I run mine off switches

[/ QUOTE ] No no no, not in this car. I want my JVC in the dash, and I want it too look like it belongs there. Only switch will be to shut the subs off if a cop pulls up next to me, LOL.

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I meant in the dash, just run the power off a switch

I suppose that means tapping all the speaker wires though

Hmmm I was assuming amp only