Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want truggy pics!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rjfguitar, Feb 16, 2004.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You heard me...I want pics of completed truggies.
    MY father in law and I are going to turn his rusted out 79' F150 ranger shoft bed into a sand truggy with some nice wide paddles front and back. We are thinking an exterior rollcage that wraps around the cab.

I know of a few with this setup especially bad dog.

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Mine is not an exterior roll cage. Mine is basically a tube buggy built on a truck frame, no real body. AKA a "truggy". Are you looking for exo-cages?

3. rjfguitar

Yeah, thats basically what I'm looking for and have seen a few guys with the cab still there. I thought your truggy was like that Bad dog? We wan't to remove the front clip(thats going to the good truck anyway) the bed and the doors. Build a custom light as possible flatbed, tube doors, and some sort of tube style front end. I'm basically looking for ideas which would be why I'm wanting pics. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. BadDog

Well, there is a pretty good series of build up pages on my web site. Once uppon a time, I did have a cab, and a whole long bed K30 for that matter. Now all I have left is most of the fire wall and the windshield along with a cut down and skinned junk yard hood...

Also, I'm thinking of starting over this Spring after the Phoenix wheeling season ends. Ether build up from the frame again, but narrower and using no GM body parts other than the hood skin, or maybe a complete buggy so I can keep playing with my truggy on night runs during the Summer...

[Edit] BTW,. ScoobyDan has a nice exo cab truggy, and several others have done the same or are in progress with various degrees of "truggy". Stephen and Beck of ORD also have nice examples of truggies. Sounds like Tim's "Butch" is becoming a truggy too. Then there is Tony who has a cool truggy in So. Cal. that ran Upper Hell with us a BB04. Ductape too, and sled_dog has one in progress. Hmmm, I know I'm missing several... Oh, don't forget Balloo and TJ from CO. There is another in So. Call that is really nice, I think he runs with Zakk but for some reason I'm drawing a blank right now on his screen name... Oh, yeah, crwln73. And then there is willyswanter's tow rig. Lots of good options.

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

remember..... weight is your enemy in the sand.....

Marv

6. BadDog

Yeah, but most of us don't have the skill, time, and money for a full on buggy. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

7. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

anything that started as a truck or blazer with a front engine and a bunch of cage work can be considered a truggy the more body parts you remove the more it starts looking like a truggy.

I will try and post up some pictures later today of my creation. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I think you guys (marv -vs- russ) are at about equal in time and $$ on your rigs. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

10. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

here is mine

[​IMG]

11. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

All I can say is there alot of BAD A$$ Truggies! I like em! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Bill

12. rjfguitar

Sweet! Thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif