Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i was a good boy today on the snapon truck.

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by sweetk30, Apr 17, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thay came in today at work and had a giant penske rental truck full of boxes and all were half off the list price plus 10% free tools of the value of the box.

the one i was looking at was 8032.99 and 45.11 a week for 5 years.

nice box but just couldnt swing it. i like to not half to plan to buy underware when thay are needed. as if i got this box i would have been streached so thin it would have killed me .

oh well we can dream cant we. :rolleyes:

2. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

lol i do the the safest bet is to just not go on the truck lol i have a 1120 dollar mac bill it is all stuff i use and love but still tools are pricey lol good thing they apporved me for 1500 rather than 10k lol otherwise uh oh lol

3. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

Dang! My wife would kill me. She gets mad when I ring up tools on the $300 sears card! I couldn't imagine what would happen if I had a $10k tool card. Everything I bought with it would end up for sale... and the authorities would never find my remains. It would be nice to have a new, good roll away tool box though.:rolleyes:

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

BIG toolbox!!

A guy I know was looking for a "BIG" toolbox to replace his aging Snap-On one,that would hold ALL his tools in one roll around box..the Snap-On guy brought 3 larger used toolboxes over a months time,and he sent all of them back--"too small" he said!..(they were 6' long,and about 3' high!)..:eek1:

Last saturday I stopped at his shop..he says "check out my new toolbox"...my eyes almost popped!:eek1: ..

It's a "Cornwall Patriot"...frigging thing is about 8' long,and its as tall as I am,and I'm 6'4"!...it looks big enough to park a Geo in it!..AWESOME toolbox,but I'm glad its not ME paying for it!..he didn't say what he paid,but the ones he sent back were "good used" Snap-On ones,and they were in the 5000 dollar range!:yikes: ..yipe!..hope he got a good "trade in" on his old one!..:crazy:

5. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

6. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

the snap-on guy over my way has a limited dale earnhardt box he bought for 10k for the tax right off and it sits empty in his basement covered up.

and yes, i said 10k. its a work of art.

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

mine is just over 10 g's...

We're moving our mechanic shop into another building at my new job, so I'll be able to bring the rollcab and topbox in from home.. right now i'm working out of the side locker and portables.. its rediculously unorginized working like this at the moment..

[​IMG]

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

the blue one is mine its 73" long 42" high and 24" deep the black one in the back is my buddy's brand new snap-on. its 74"L 40"H and 25"D he paid about $4500 for his and mine cost $4700... my next box will be a snap-on KRL series, somewhere in the $7-8k range[​IMG]

9. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah, if I had to do it all over, I woulda went with the biggest triple-bank roll cab Snappy makes... the 29" deep one...

As it is, the only thing I can expand with at this point is another side locker for the other side... Can't forsee needing that for quite some time tho.. I'm full, but don't really need much else (says the tool-addict mechanic :wink1: )...

Really dig the cubes you get with the side lockers, just not liking working ONLY out of that at the moment... :doah: :( :crazy: :haha: