Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I was fooled!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by keith, Sep 27, 2000.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I went to order a stroker kit today and get ready for the engine build this week. I new the motor was not original (atleast thats what I was told) Looked up the casting numbers and I have a DAMN 305. I can't believe it. Now I've got to hurry around and find a 350 to build. this sucks big time.

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>The shop that built my motor had a whole bunch of worn-out 350s in the back that they use for the rebuilds. It olny added $200 to the cost, then they bought my old one from me to rebuid for another customer. Anyway, 350s are easy to find</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue></font color=blue>

3. 85blaze

85blaze 1/2 ton status

4. Andreas

Andreas 1/2 ton status

Well, welcome to the club[​IMG] I know EXACTLY how you feel, as I´ve been in the same situation. Back in March I decided I wanted to rebuild my 350 a little....well, I wanted to change pretty much everything[​IMG] It was all stock and even had a boring two barrel Rochester carb on it. So, me & friend lifted the engine out of the car, teared it it apart and I was really satisfied how it looked inside. The hone in the cylinders were there, the lifters didn´t have the tinyest scratch on them, infact it looked absolutley brand new. Just out of curiosity I checked the block nr out....AND FOUND OUT MY VERY FRESH 350 WAS A FRESH 305 [​IMG]! I mean, I had almost ordered hypereutic 9.5:1 pistons for it, I was ready to build a fire-breathing monster![​IMG]
    I can´t believe it myself, but only 2-3 days after the "305 incident" I saw an ad about a guy willing to trade his 406 for a 305. Reason for trading? He wanted better MPG for his pickup. So, now I´ve got a cool 406 which actually needs to be tuned down. It came with a Torker 2 intake, Holley 600, large cam and 12-13:1 forged pistons (and great looking M/T alu valvecovers). Block and heads are in excellent condition and that matters the most. I think it´s the best deal I´ve ever made...so far. Moral to the story: Don´t give up, there´s actually ppl wanting 305´s[​IMG]

Andreas

406cui of pure sh*t[​IMG]