Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I was just rear ended!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eagle, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Eagle

Eagle Registered Member

And no I am not in prison. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Here is the scoop. I have a Land Rover Disco that I use for a tow rig and daily driver. I was sitting at a red light and this lady slams into me from behind. I never heard her breaks so she must of been going about 20 – 30 miles an hour. I get out my 97 disco and started to walk towards the back. I first noticed her vehicle. She was in a (3 month old, as I later found out) Nissan Frontier P/U. Her entire font end was imploded. It looked like she ran into a wall. She hit me with so much force that there was now an entire car length between her Nissan and my disco. As I rounded the corner fearing the worst for my disco I was hysterical with laughter. The only visible damage was one broken taillight. I had a trailer hitch on which acted like a battering ram and absorbed 90 percent of the hit. My bumper doesn’t even have any paint scratched off. What a stroke of luck. I crawled under the disco and looked at the frame and hitch mounts. All looks good and straight. No bends, stress fractures or surface cracks in any weld or the frame. Land Rover just got a customer for life. Her insurance company called me and they will pay for any damages. I am getting the rig checked out by the Land Rover Dealer just to make sure. Sorry for the plug for Land Rover I just found it to funny. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Everybody was OK?

I got rear ended in April 01 by a 77 Ford F-100 pick-up. I was sitting at a red light in Portland in my 81 Jimmy and heard tires lock up behind me. I had a soft top that was rolled up and the lady hit the brakes about 50 feet from my truck. A witness had been following her because she was driving very erratically, and she had her clocked at 70 MPH down this street just before she hit me. I figure she was still doing 50-55 MPH at impact./forums/images/icons/shocked.gif She pushed my truck across the entire intersection (through the still red light...) Her truck was unrecognizable but she was OK. My truck did have damage but I drove it 300 miles home right after the accident.

Just wanted to 'plug' my Jimmy...I probably would have been seriously hurt in anything else.

Rene

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    My truck did have damage but I drove it 300 miles home right after the accident.

[/ QUOTE ]
    and then drove it to texas and back /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well..i was just rear ended the other day when i was driving my dads impala..wasnt anything major..i just need a new middle section of the bumber..but still..whata moron... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Bryan

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    and then drove it to texas and back

[/ QUOTE ]
    Then San diego and back and I'm still driving it daily.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif A pic of it is in my avatar./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Rene

6. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

Last year I got rear-ended on the way to work. It was raining and some idiot in a mini-van stopped real quick in front of me so I slammed on my brakes and locked up all four. Then I just felt a push and thought aw-sh!t!. i looked in my mirror only to see some lady in an Infinity behind me put down her book! We pulled off onto a side street to inspect for damages (just a little white paint on my hitch) and she looks at my rusty old K5 and the first thing she says is "are you poor?" I was like "um no, we do ok". I just couldn't believe the b!tch was reading while she was driving in the city in the rain.

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I worked for Land Rover for many years. I have yet to see any bent frames. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif They ARE farm machinery. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I love their trucks (excluding the new Range Rover and Freelander) We had a client that rolled their Disco. on the freeway.........................The doors all still opened! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Tanks I tell ya.

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I have been rear ended twice. Both just sitting at red lights. The second time the stupid $#%## tried to tell me she just bumped me and wanted to leave. Both of them I ended up in ER and still I have neck pains from them. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

got rear ended by a mercedes one time. didnt' hurt the sub but almost totalled the mercedes.