Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I watched my dog die last week

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by koldsimer, Feb 17, 2007.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I haven't been on here for a while and kinda wanted to let you guys know what was going on.

Two weeks ago, I was sent to managers training for the company I work for. The hardest part of leaving my house for any extended amount of time is that I have to leave my dog behind with nobody to take him to the park, hike in the woods or go fishing. I had come home on friday and my dog could barely contain himself with excitement. The next day, my friend and I decided to take our pups fishing. To make a long story short, my dog saw a dog in the field acrooss the street and he took off running. I yelled as loud as I could for him to stop but he slipped under the guardrail and got hit at about 60 by an expidition.

I saw every second of it and I cannot get it out of my mind. I ran as fast as I could to get to him but I knew he wouldn't make it. His legs were stuck straight out and he was crying with every breath. After about the third squeel from him, I grabbed him and just started crying and screaming. He looked at me, made one more noise and died. I saw the life leave my babies eyes. I felt his body go limp. It was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life.

I am feeling better every day, but I know that I am responsible for my babys death. I know he was just a dog, but I loved him with all of my heart. He was born in my closet and he died in my hands.

I had him creamated because I had to go back to training the next morning and I didn't have time to bury him. I plan on spreading most of his ashes near a creek that was our favorite spot.

I really don't know why i'm telling you guys this... I expect that most people here could give a **** about my poor dog but this has forever changed my life. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Oso. He was only 7. He was the best dog in the world. My house is empty and dead now without him here. I keep expecting to see him or hear him playing with the cat. I loved him and I miss him with all my heart. I pray that God and my Dog can forgive me for my carelesness.

Rest in peace, Oso. You were the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You were the smartest most incredible dog I have ever had and there will never be another one like you. I love and miss my dog, Oso.

PDRM0180.JPG

PDRM0387.JPG

PDRM0430.JPG

PDRM0493.JPG

PDRM0562.JPG

2. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

very sorry to hear that, terrible thing to have to go through. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

All you can really do is love them with all your heart while they are here. Sometimes they are taken away abruptly in the most unfair manner and it's out of your hands. Those are the worst.

Here's something you can do to help ease it. Put together a few of your favorite pictures of Oso, get 2 pillar candles, make a little shrine. Candles on each side and Oso in the center, keep the candles lit when your home.

It sounds ridiculous but it works very well.

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

Man that's terrible news bro. Oso was a great dog. RIP.

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

bro, horrible news, we lost our dog at 1.5 years old about 2 years ago, and it was horrible, all you can do is take it day by day and get back into the swing of things, do the things that you loved doing with him the most and carry on, it gets better...

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Please accept my sympathies.. you at least got to hold him as he died, so he wasn't alone..

This is kinda sappy, but it may make you feel better..

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I have my dogs cremated when they die because I've never had an outside dog, and I don't like the thought of them being stuck outside for an eternity - and I have an area in a china cabinet with the urns and their pictures..

8. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your buddy man,really!
    I had to have my best friend of 14years put down a couple of years ago and it hurt bad,real bad.

9. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

your making me want to cry man, i have seen family members come and go but when i lose a dog i never really recover, im sorry :( maybe this will be the chance to save another pups life from the pound and give him/her another chance at life that he/she otherwise wouldnt have had, sorry again :(

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Same here, all our deceased pets.

We are lucky enough to have a very dedicated pet mortuary nearby. Private cremations, you get a little heart shaped box with the ashes, flower, and your pets ID confirmation. We have quite a collection.

11. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear about that. I can't imagine what I would do if I had to see one of my beloved dogs go like that. I would definitely get another dog, it helps...:o

12. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Im very sorry about your dog. Be strong it will get better

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i was crying after i read that. i'm very sorry to hear.when i lost my Rott Milo i wrecked me for awhile.he was my best friend.he was gone when i got home from work and i pretended he was sleeping cuz i didn't wan't to face the truth.the house does seem empty without them doesn't it.i feel so bad for you bro.take care of yourself.

14. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Very, very sorry. I had a great dog for over ten years.........been gone now four years. Still don't enjoy going out in my boat because he went everytime I used to. Sometimes just went out to take him so he could enjoy swiming and stuff.

Best advice I can give is:
    Go get ya a puppy ASAP. It ain't the same and it'll be a hassle training it and all for a couple of years, but it'll help!

PS;
    Don't get a Sibierian Husky!!! :doah:

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear that. It's terrible to lose a friend.

16. bodacious

bodacious 1/2 ton status

Very sorry to hear that, but keep your head up. It will get better.:waytogo:

17. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

sorry to hear about your dog dude

18. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear that bro, that's the saddest thing I've heard in a while. :(

19. royjones

royjones Trucker upper Premium Member

hello

sorry to here about your dog it will get better but it will take time

20. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear it man, bad enough to lose a pet, but that's an extra crappy way for it to go down. My condolences.