Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I watched my dog die today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Jan 11, 2006.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

So sad to watch them inject a syringe and then 10 seconds later, he lays on his side to sleep forever. :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1:

Took him out to my folks farm and buried him while my daughter watched the whole thing. We did it as a learning experience for her. She was sad, needless to say. Hard to watch her cry, too. So many questions, too. :( :( :( :( :(

To a great dog: I'll always love you and cherish you, you've been a great pal, companion, buddy, thanks for almost 11 years of great memories. You won't be forgotten. You've been the best dog I've ever had, bar none. :( :frown1: :( :frown1:

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear this Wes :( :(

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My condolences.

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

thats HARD to do...sorry for the loss.

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

We're all here for ya, I've had to do the same myself twice.

Oh, and I'll have your money all together this Friday, just need to hunt down a trailer :D

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

awww wes im sorry... man ive lost dogs before, one had to be put down... its so sad.

7. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

That is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever done is taking your old friend that last mile to the vet. But it releases them from their bodies which are causing them much pain and suffering. Sorry for your loss.

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

:( :( Man, I hate loosing a pet like that. It's like losing a family member, cause essentially you are.

9. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

sorry bro. what was wrong?

10. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

sad to hear. hang in there man.

11. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

the brotherhood is here for you man. I've had to see a dog go as well (one i basicly grew up with) and it was the most painful thing in my life.

my thoughts are with you.

12. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Just read a similar post over on Pirate a few days ago...Always makes me cry like a baby when I read about people loosing pets.:(

Mine is laying right beside me as I type this....I don't think I';d handle it very well at all if he had to go.:(

Go get another dog Wes...It'll really really help ease the pain.

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

He got hit by a semi when he was a pup. The impact fractured his hip/ball socket like a tree/branch and was unrepairable. The vet said he would be able to live a normal life, which he did, but he would have a limp. He ran fine on the legs but walked with the limp.
    This winter was the worst for him as the cold weather brought out the arthritis and he limped even worse. It was so bad that he could not get up from laying down half the time. And when he did manage to get up, he didn't have any balance on the rear legs at all. His rear quarters would just fall over trying to balance himself. So heartbreaking to see him wanting to run/walk but just could not do it. :(

BTW, I do still have the female that was his companion. I do not want another dog for the time being. Need to get other stuff worked out and sorted before settling down with another dog.

14. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

sorry!:( just think of his happy face instead of the bad stuff:o

15. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

sorry to hear that, im sure it was hard to do.

our dog is getting old and has hip displatia (sp?) bad, i know we are going to have to put her down someday, i know i couldn't do it.

16. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'm sorry for your loss...that's the only bad thing about dogs.. it hurts too bad when it's their time to go.

Tom

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm so sorry too hear about you loss. I've had too have pets put down, and it's never a easy thing too do.

18. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sorry..

My condolances as well...I get very attached to my pets too..the worst part of owning a pet,is when its time to say goodbye..I'd rather be the one to die first..

I was able to watch my dad die, and go to his wake.somehow,his death was not as hard to take,for whatever reason..I had to see him suffering a long time...and knew it was a blessing in disguse..
    --but I had to have my younger brother and mother take one of my cats I'd had for 12 years to be put down..I just couldn't stop the tears,couldn't even drive the car there!..this cat had survived a tumor on its head at an early age,but recovered well,and was a very pretty cat,and I have never had a "lap" cat like him,ever..he was riveted to my lap at all times!..had to PRY his claws out of my clothes to get him off,and he'd wail like a baby,like his feelings were hurt,as he walked away!..:(

I buried another one we had that lived 11 years..it had diabetes,and was in tough shape..I found it dead one morning,next to his water bowl..he's under a big pine tree out back now..someday,I'll get to see them both again..
    --You will see your dog again someday--and your dog will be waiting,and his tail will be wagging..;) ..

19. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm a real tough guy until I read posts like this....:(

I'm so sorry Wes.

When I read your story and thought about having to do that same thing with my own dog, it brought me to tears...

20. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You , your family, and your pup will be in my thoughts and prayers.. Sorry for your loss. I know exactly what that feeling is like. Time does help to heal.

John