Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I went poser wheeling today. FUN!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OffRoad, Feb 19, 2003.

1. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i went super poser wheeling today.

i don't have 4wd, let alone a truck of my own, or even a car. no i'm such a poser i went in my dad's truck. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifmy dad's truck with 2wd. and open diff! yeah open diff! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif it had super knobby tires on though good old 235/75r15's!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

so i went to the woods near my house which has a an old mud trail with many mudholes (not deep though) and a very rutted and bumpy logging road. of course this was all frozen over, because we have like 3+ feet of snow. but the road had been plowed by a bulldozer or a huff or something. still super slippery with a coating of ice on top. studded tires? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif i think not! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

i did not get stuck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i bounced down the road in second on the ol' sm465.

i spun some big donuts in the open spot by the turnoff to the power station (if you lived here, you'd know where that was /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) then down the powerstation road, and then down the power line road. if i slipped of the plowed part off the PLR i would have been stuck REAL BAD! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

i made it, through sheer will, and determination. that one rear tire spinning like a top in protest but i commanded it onward. while skillfully avoiding drooping tree branches (dad would rip my nuts off if i scrached the truck /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) i turned off the radio, afterall i had to concentrate on my "hard core" wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.

i made it down the PLR and then turned onto the logging road, this too was a frozen barren strecch of twisted limbs and thick black mud (actually it's more of a really light brown, but it's black in the spring), which doesn't really matter, cause it was frozen anyway. as my behometh lurched and snarled through the dark woods, my stock highbeams provided navigational prowess sure to compete with any mini-van. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i bounced the truck over some ruts the plow had left, and then... i drove over them again!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif oh the humanity!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

===================
    this poser wheeling adventure has been brought to you by Ian.
    1990 chev c10 (my dad's), 4.3 v6, sm465, open diff, 235/75r15 super knobers (rear only), chrome front tow hooks, rear frame hitch

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thank you, and goodnight.

2. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

Better dad's truck than none /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, he'll just be asking about the mud all on the underside of the truck.

I still need to go wash my dad's truck. We took it to the dump this weekend and i spotted a big mud pit. After we unloaded the truck i went back and spun some fat dounuts in the mud at the dump. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I was whipping the back end around in his stock '77 chev 4wd, /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif in 2wd granny low. My blazer's too top heavy to be spinning dounuts like that.
    It was almost as fun as spinning some dounuts in my camaro.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

donuts in blazers yeah I just don't do it except in snow. Hehe one week we kept getting like a coupke inches of snow everynight and they never plowed the school lot well. My truck was out of commission for all but the last day of that week. Damned my luck I come in and they plowed the driving lane but not the parking spots. Well its a good thing I have a short wheel base K5 I just did donuts and slid around in the spots /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Sliding sideways in the parking lot at 25 mph headed right for a car parked in a spot then hit pavement grab jump a little and go. hehe that was fun, I got a warning for reckless driving after half an hour of repeating that process /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

5. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

HAHAHAHAHA!!

6. One_Ton_k5

One_Ton_k5 1/2 ton status

That's awesome! I used to wheel the crap out of my 2 wheel drive 1970 ford truck so I know how you feel.

I also used to wheel my 83 chevette...... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif