Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Went to a Fabric Store

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

The other day I decided to go out and look at carpet and fabric and stuff and decide what to cover my sub box and storabe boxes with to match my truck...

So I went to a carpet store, and the guy there said that the carpet they sell is designed for floors and would be really hard to work with on boxes, and then we talked about Subs till some old lady came in and I left...

I went to the Fabric Store next, and when I walked in I knew it wasn't a place for any self-respecting gentleman to be... Upon opening the door, I was met with a wave of that "chick store" smell... Ya know, like when you go into Hobby Lobby, and have to walk all the way to the back to get to the guy stuff? It was like that, only worse, because there wasn't a guy stuff section.

I looked around, trying to find another guy so I wouldn't feel completely out of place. Nope. I was the only male in the store full of old ladies and ugly fat chicks. So, fighting the urge to just leave and come back another time with my mom or something, I walked around the store looking at all the fabric...

In a corner, after I walked all around the store, I found some stuff that matches my seats almost perfectly. It's slightly different, but I think it would still look good. So I stood there and waited for someone to help me since I don't know how to buy this stuff. Finally, I just left.

This morning I was talking to my mom about the situation and she told me how to properly buy fabric. I have to take the whole damn roll of the stuff to this table in the middle, and just stand there for a few minutes and some old lady will come up and ask if I need help. Then I'm supposed to tell them how much I need and they'll measure and cut it and I'll pay for it and be on my merry way.

I still don't get it. I'm going to take her with me on Saturday and show her what I want, tell her how much I need, and go hang out at Checker a few stores over while she stands at the table in the middle with all the fabric chicks in the chicky fabric store /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Overall, this was a horrible and scary experience, and I wouldn't wish it on ANYONE who isn't a chick, gay, or kills little children and eats their bodies.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey the fabric stores rock, you just have to know how to handle it. Don't act like you did. GO in and look scary, then go "Hey I want some fabric, you shall cut it for me"

Actually the only fabric stores I've been in have been in place where theres art supply section nearby, so thats where I head

3. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just go to Lowe's or Home Depot

4. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I once went into a store called linens 'n' things /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

whats wrong with girly stores? im a regular at victoria's secret...although i dont buy things /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I looked around, trying to find another guy so I wouldn't feel completely out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya just have to grab your sack before you go in. It's not that hard and when you survive the ordeal, you feel more like a manly man................ /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you feel more like a manly man

[/ QUOTE ]

don't know about that, last time i had to do something like that (don't remember what, i block painful memories) i remember thingking "crap! hope nobody i know saw me in there". /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    you feel more like a manly man

[/ QUOTE ]

don't know about that, last time i had to do something like that (don't remember what, i block painful memories) i remember thingking "crap! hope nobody i know saw me in there". /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a problem with it. Then again, I own and operate a sewing machine also /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. Resurrection_Joe

I really want to learn how too sew.....

I need my GODDAMNED KABUKI SHIRT

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I really want to learn how too sew.....

I need my GODDAMNED KABUKI SHIRT

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not hard. I took a Home Ex class in high school, so when I bought my machine when I was in the Army, I had the basics down. I did all my BDU's; nametapes, rank, unit patches, qual badges, hats, helmet covers and occassionally did work for other guys in the unit. I stayed away from Class A's though. Wish my digicam worked in lowlight, my best work was my CVC bag; did some hotrod border embroidery type work on it.

11. Resurrection_Joe

I was in homec in highschool until i ran batting through the machine and royally [darn] it up, and the total hate of the teacher too...

I'll have to go find an old used machine snad start going at it

KABUKI SHIRT !