Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I wish to kill my truck's previous owner...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Sep 29, 2004.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I wish to kill my truck\'s previous owner...

or owners. After replacing a radiator that didn't belong in this truck (2" too short, no mounts ... so they cut up heater hose and duct-taped it to hold it into place /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ), and tightening the tranny pans bolts which were barely fingertight... oh, and installing an air filter, since apparently it was optional for this truck...

I removed all of this from under the dash and along the frame. An aftermarket brake controller (complete with a circuit to hook into the hydraulic lines on the master, but not connected) and two (yes, two!) trailer wiring harnesses, both botched up beyond belief.

NONE of this was connected or operational.

[​IMG]

Oh, and a switch for the secondary washer pump since they broke the factory one ... the foglight switch for the foglights it doesn't have ... and the wiring for the other stereo, which was removed or stolen or something, but the wiring was left. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

It's been an evening.

-- A

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: I wish to kill my truck\'s previous owner...

I know what you mean. After I bought my truck I found so much mucked up sh!t I went and took it down to bare frame and re-did the whole damn thing.

3. dremu

[ QUOTE ]
    I know what you mean. After I bought my truck I found so much mucked up sh!t I went and took it down to bare frame and re-did the whole damn thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I keep threatening to do that ... but I still gotta start on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif ... then the Chalet ... and THEN this one, the /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif.

That and I need it to drive 500 miles this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

-- A

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

been there, done that. Got a T-shirt. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

I understand completely. When I bought my 6pack there was a metal plate mounted to the bottom of the dash with 8 toggle switches but none were wired up to anything.WTF /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. dremu

[ QUOTE ]
    I understand completely. When I bought my 6pack there was a metal plate mounted to the bottom of the dash with 8 toggle switches but none were wired up to anything.WTF /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, James Bond switches, I call those. You know, for the optional rocket launcher, oil spiller, ejecter seats, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

-- A

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I removed a similar mess from my 79 C10 when I got it--it had one of those cheesy aftermarket cruise controls that had about 50 ft.of wires,and a magnet taped and epoxied to the driveshaft.I was glad to see that was the only "option" someone decided to install--other than that the original wiring harness was thankfully unbutchered!.Cant say that for the 74 GMC--that thing has had more wiring butchered than I can list here,mostly because the previous owner made a custom dash and gauges of aluminum plate--he did a nice job on the dash,but you want to peuke when you look behind it and see how it was wired--looks like the three stooges did it--theres about 100 wire nuts from home depot everywhere,even a six prong trailer plug,every wire was an inch too short,so he just added more of whatever wire he had handy(old extension cords,speaker wire,etc.)I saved a complete harness from another truck to swap in,but I never did--I just kept fire and theft on it just in case--now its about to be parted out,so one less thing to do!.I hate a vehicle with a butchered wiring harness. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

I know exactly what you are talking about. I thought my truck was a steal until i started fixing [censored]...