Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Wonder If Kerry Had the Balls Bush Does?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

IMO concealed carry should be a federal issue... gun carry is specifically addressed in the constitution, so there is no 10th ammendment issue that I can see. Its nice that cops can pack heat, but IMO all law abiding cits should have the benefits written in that bill.

j

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    but IMO all law abiding cits should have the benefits written in that bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. We have pretty loose gun laws here in OK and getting a CCW permit is easy. The state just approved a bill that would allow employees to store firearms in their cars while on company property, since a lot of companies don't allow it.

4. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

I really hope not!, Bush should be strung up by his b*lls for that piece of garbage legislation. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

The idea that just because someone is a retired LEO makes them any safer or more responsible than your average citizen is wrong in so many ways. I think that any responsible (ie: not an ex-con etc..), law abiding adult should be able to carry. Making exceptions for retired LEO only helps to reiterate current legislation restricting handguns. (not to mention that statistics show that LEO's tend to fall on the low end of the scale for safety with guns)

[ QUOTE ]
    To have signed this little gem of a bill..................

Doubt it.............

[/ QUOTE ]

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I really hope not!, Bush should be strung up by his b*lls for that piece of garbage legislation. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

The idea that just because someone is a retired LEO makes them any safer or more responsible than your average citizen is wrong in so many ways. I think that any responsible (ie: not an ex-con etc..), law abiding adult should be able to carry. Making exceptions for retired LEO only helps to reiterate current legislation restricting handguns. (not to mention that statistics show that LEO's tend to fall on the low end of the scale for safety with guns)

[ QUOTE ]
    To have signed this little gem of a bill..................

Doubt it.............

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we get some Prozac delivered to this thread?????????????????????????

Face it, with the current state of affairs in this country (too many loud mouth, clueless liberals), there is no way every citizen is going to have carte blanche across state lines with concealed weapons.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I've noticed SD in getting a lot more states signed in on reciprocacy, most importantly, the states I'd actually trevale too, UT, WY, CO, etc.

Any step towards anything unrestrictive about responsible gun ownership is a very good thing

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I've noticed SD in getting a lot more states signed in on reciprocacy, most importantly, the states I'd actually trevale too, UT, WY, CO, etc.

Any step towards anything unrestrictive about responsible gun ownership is a very good thing

[/ QUOTE ]

I think about the only state left out west that is still being an ass about reprocity is CA.

8. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

Ummm, I think the point fjiieter was trying to make was that LEO's, active, retired, or otherwise, are not inherently more safe with firearms than other responsible citizens, and singling them out for special privledges only serves to illuminate the restrictions placed on the rest of us. I don't think he was advocating "carte blanch" concealed weopons rights. Just a thought. Keep some of the Prozac for yourself there, quick draw.

9. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

I pick up my ccw permit shortly. Bubba, is that John Wayne pic from the Horse Soldiers? I am a big John Wayne fan!

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Ummm, I think the point fjiieter was trying to make was that LEO's, active, retired, or otherwise, are not inherently more safe with firearms than other responsible citizens, and singling them out for special privledges only serves to illuminate the restrictions placed on the rest of us. I don't think he was advocating "carte blanch" concealed weopons rights. Just a thought. Keep some of the Prozac for yourself there, quick draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally understand his point and I agree with his point; it's just a matter of it ain't happening for everyone in this country anytime soon.

[ QUOTE ]
    I pick up my ccw permit shortly. Bubba, is that John Wayne pic from the Horse Soldiers? I am a big John Wayne fan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for sure.............