Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I wonder why?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by santana, Jun 15, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

web page /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

because to own one, you would have to fly a rainbow flag...

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

would have been cool with 4WD not AWD non ifs and a full top(removable like a 2nd gen) its kinnda got avalanche styling

6. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.Rainbow flag, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i so wish gm would just listen to me and rerelease the k5 as the ultimate bad azz 4x4. D60s front/rear both ff and 35 spline throughout. 4:1 tcase, fixed yokes f/r, 8.1L/allison combo, 4.56 gears stock, electrac lockers stock, 4 wheel disc brakes, half-cab w/ removeable hardtop that is designed so soft tops could EASILY be made for it by 3rd parties/individuals, quick-disconnect seats, fenderwells that were rounded like 1st gens but they had avalanche style plastic cladding which u could pop off to reveal a wheel well big enough for a 44" bogger, 75+ degree approach/departure angles, a REAL set of bumpers f/r.. high clearance and tough steel, winch capable from the factory, built in cage from the factory, no power accessories of any kind, completely water proof/hoseable interior, tow package, dual batteries standard...hmmm... theres more, just cant think of it off the top of my head. optional GPS system like onstar or whatever would be handy too.

may sound $pendy, but i think they could do it and make it competitively priced. I mean, trucks these days come with ALL KINDS of useless $pendy crap they dont need. power everything, heated seats, tv screens in the backs of headrests etc etc etc etc etc. I think gm needs to get off its ifs-loving azz and get it done! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

j

8. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Looks sharp, until you look at the back. To much Avalanch and not enough blazer. Whats with the half doors? Put a real top back on it, lose the half doors, make it 4x4, not AWD, and I'd go to the dealership to inquire.

Kris

9. jekbrown

werent 203-equipped K5s awd? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

10. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I guess you've got a point there, but at least there is a shifter poking through the floor board. I would rather have that than nothing at all. Because with that, I can at least put it in 4Lo.

Kris

11. jekbrown

i hear ya. If chrysler can put a part time 4:1 ratio tcase in a heep, no idea why gm cant do the same. Say what ya want about jeep (i do) atleast they BUILT the "dream machine" their customers really wanted (da rubicon).

j

12. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

I gotta agree with confedneck...rainbow flag...and fuggin ugly!!

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Thank God they didn't! The last thing we need is a bunch of yuppie mofos runnnin' sayin they have a K5... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i would just love to pull up to one of them on the street and point to where our say K5. LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I wonder why this is posted in the tech forum.

16. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i so wish gm would just listen to me and rerelease the k5 as the ultimate bad azz 4x4. D60s front/rear both ff and 35 spline throughout. 4:1 tcase, fixed yokes f/r, 8.1L/allison combo, 4.56 gears stock, electrac lockers stock, 4 wheel disc brakes, half-cab w/ removeable hardtop that is designed so soft tops could EASILY be made for it by 3rd parties/individuals, quick-disconnect seats, fenderwells that were rounded like 1st gens but they had avalanche style plastic cladding which u could pop off to reveal a wheel well big enough for a 44" bogger, 75+ degree approach/departure angles, a REAL set of bumpers f/r.. high clearance and tough steel, winch capable from the factory, built in cage from the factory, no power accessories of any kind, completely water proof/hoseable interior, tow package, dual batteries standard...hmmm... theres more, just cant think of it off the top of my head. optional GPS system like onstar or whatever would be handy too.

may sound $pendy, but i think they could do it and make it competitively priced. I mean, trucks these days come with ALL KINDS of useless $pendy crap they dont need. power everything, heated seats, tv screens in the backs of headrests etc etc etc etc etc. I think gm needs to get off its ifs-loving azz and get it done! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely, but GM is incapable of producing such a vehicle. They are a sell out company bent on producing crap that yuppies will buy, and all they do is try to build images, not vehicles.

What they cant fawking figure out is "If you build it, they will come..."

17. jekbrown

yeah... its sad but true that on-road comfort and yuppie-mobiles have taken over the 4x4 market. Oh well, when the SUV becomes "uncool" again (all fads end!) they will come crawlin back to us...

j

18. gumneck

gumneck Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif You guys will beat me up for this, but I think its pretty cool. I bet it rides great and is comfortable as hell. The sad part is the "K5" designation. It definately does not meet the K5 requirements. But it could of been the offroad sports coupe hot rod shizzle dizzle. I could see myself in a armani suit and alligator shoes wheeling it on the beach or whatever.

19. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What they cant fawking figure out is "If you build it, they will come..."

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well, ya can't blame GM. GM is a business and a business's sole purpose of existing is to make money and as much of it as possible while spending as little as possible. If I were in their shoes I would be doing the same thing. You can say that Jeep can build the Rubicon but first who wants to lay down 30g's for a wheelin rig, and second Jeep/Chrysler is no where as a big of a company as GM. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Kinda like how Jegs and Summit now sell a lot of parts for ricers... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

20. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, ya can't blame GM. GM is a business and a business's sole purpose of existing is to make money and as much of it as possible while spending as little as possible. If I were in their shoes I would be doing the same thing. You can say that Jeep can build the Rubicon but first who wants to lay down 30g's for a wheelin rig, and second Jeep/Chrysler is no where as a big of a company as GM. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Kinda like how Jegs and Summit now sell a lot of parts for ricers... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont blame gm for being a business. I do blame them for not taking chances on occasion though. Sometimes in biz u just have to take the leap. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt, but if you never try you're doomed to mediocrity. The suv market is a very high profit market right now... thats why every car manufacturer (studebaker?!) and their brother (audi?!) are making them now. GM could afford to bring back the k5, and if done RIGHT it could be a finacial success that would make the bean counters happy.

oh btw, I dont think any heep rubicons are in danger of rusting away on the dealers lot. Jeep-guys worship the thing, and plenty of them have the $$$$ to buy the limited number jeep is making...

j