Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i woulld like info on 203 idea

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sweetk30, Mar 14, 2007.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have a crew cab. so wb is not a problem for drivelines. i have a 32spline 400 203 range box . i would like to bolt it up to the tranny and have it just a range box with a fixed yoke output rear. then i would use a divorced 205 in the middle to run the tcase dutys. this is just a idea tho.

is there a kit anyone makes or can this be made fairly reasonably price ranged for a custom job?

thanks for any info.

2. 53chevy

53chevy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ummm, good idea, i'd like to see more info

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i don't think it would be that hard to build. youd have to have the stock np203 shaft resplined to 32 spline at the correct length with the correct threads on the end. you then need to make a plate for the back of the range box that holds a bearing. the shaft would need a shoulder for the bearing to ride on so when the yoke is tightened it will push on the bearing which will push on the shaft. the plate on the back will need a seal for the yoke.

i think i could do it all on a lathe except the resplining of the shaft. i would definitely get it hardened after that though.

i have an idea of a divorced doubler for my truck, i know of a ford divorced np203. probably get it really cheap also.