Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'd be pissed !!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I\'d be pissed !!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    News from Omaha, Ne.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Boat Dream Scuttled
    Boat "Winners" Baffled
    Metro family fuming

A heartland family was thrilled when they thought they'd won a new boat but their nautical buzz has been deep sixed. Now they feel that they've been had.

It all started when the Stangls, of Papillion, received a flyer in the mail with the notation, "If it starts the boat, the winning key has been mailed."

The Stangls took their key to Nebraska Water Sports last Saturday and daughter Kaitlyn gave it a try.

Her mother Lynda says, "We put it in and boom! It started right up."

The Stangls say the owner tried the key and the boat started again.

The problem surfaced when the Stangls found out that they weren't the intended winners of the 22-foot Regal.

The promotion done by Coast to Coast Marketing out of Florida pre-selects who will take home the boat and sends that person a special key. Then it's a matter of whether the winner will come in and use it.

Dean Jennings is Coast to Coast's lawyer and he says, "The actual pre-selected winner of the boat giveaway did not respond to the event. Therefore no boat will be given away pursuant to the rules of the contest."

This all comes just two days after Lynda Stangl says she heard something very different.

Lynda says she, "called the company, the Coast to Coast company doing the promotion, they said, 'Oh no! Congratulations! We'll confirm it on Monday. It's not a problem. No one else could have started the boat.'"

If it all comes down to a special key, and the Stangls didn't have it, how did they start the boat? Coast to Coast's attorney claims the Stangls' daughter fiddled with the key until it started. He says workers took the ignition out so that the company that prepares the keys can see what happened.

All this leaves the Stangls on the beach with what they see as a broken promise.

According to the fine print detailing the boat giveaway, only the person who received the flyer in the mail could attempt to start the boat with the key. In this case, that was Joseph Stangl, not his daughter. In addition, the person must be at least 18-year-old and only one attempt to start the boat is allowed.

The Stangls are hiring an attorney and they plan to contact Nebraska's Attorney General and U.S. postal inspectors.

Coast to Coast's attorney says the marketing firm has run two other contests in Nebraska and claims that one time, a person won a boat and the other, the pre-selected winner didn't show up.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: I\'d be pissed !!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    I'd be pissed, but I'd have a boat.

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I call [​IMG] THAT JUST BLOWS

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

that would really suck. I'd beat them with a stick until they would confess /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Wait a minute here - correct me if I'm wrong, but - isn't Nebraska flat with nothing but corn and wheat fields? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Wait a minute here - correct me if I'm wrong, but - isn't Nebraska flat with nothing but corn and wheat fields? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ] And lots of lakes and rivers, even a big one with the same name as a state just south and east of Nebraska. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    I'd be pissed, but I'd have a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be pissed, but I'd have a boat AND a boat dealership. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif