Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'd rather be in prison...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I\'d rather be in prison...

Found this in a newsletter I got today:

IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in an 8X10 cell. AT WORK... you spend the majority of your time in a 6X8 cubicle.

IN PRISON...you get three meals a day. AT WORK...you only get a break for one meal and you pay for it.

IN PRISON...you get time off for good behavior. AT WORK...you get more work for good behavior.

IN PRISON...the guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you. AT WORK...you must carry around a security card and open all the doors for yourself.

IN PRISON...you can watch TV and play games. AT WORK...you get fired for watching TV and playing games.

IN PRISON...you get your own toilet. AT WORK...you have to share with some idiot who pees on the seat.

IN PRISON...they allow your family and friends to visit. AT WORK...you can't even speak to your family.

IN PRISON...all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required. AT WORK...you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and then they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.

IN PRISON...you spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out. AT WORK...you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside bars.

IN PRISON...you must deal with sadistic wardens. AT WORK...they are called managers.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: I\'d rather be in prison...

but in prison you cant go wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in an 8X10 cell. AT WORK... you spend the majority of your time in a 6X8 cubicle.

[/ QUOTE ] [homer] Awwwww, but my work space is the front seat of a Crown Victoria with about 47 cubic inches of personal space[homer/] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

not so in az

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ] Please remember with prison overcrowding, That 8X10 cell now holds 3 to 5 prisoneers.

6. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Awwwww, but my work space is the front seat of a Crown Victoria with about 47 cubic inches of personal space

[/ QUOTE ]

Which seems to be like riding around in a Huge Fart....just waiting for someone to strike it on the bumper and Light It Up...Lucky You!!.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

813 /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

814 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My office is about 8 by 10, and it even has a window! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I guess I should quit whining because my "office" can go 138 mph and has several windows, attractive mood lighting, state of the art communications center, road spikes (to stop other people's office)an M-16, M-14, Remington 870, Glock 22 and enough ammo to start (or end) a small war.

Thanks Sandman, you put it into perspective for me. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Sandman

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I guess I should quit whining because my "office" can go 138 mph and has several windows, attractive mood lighting, state of the art communications center, road spikes (to stop other people's office)an M-16, M-14, Remington 870, Glock 22 and enough ammo to start (or end) a small war.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your office, as long as I get to ride up front /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

13. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Please remember with prison overcrowding, That 8X10 cell now holds 3 to 5 prisoneers

[/ QUOTE ]

Golly, I forgot about that. That means we have room for more!!!

Let's make it 7-10 per cell, feed them once a day and only let the sorry bastards out of the cell once a day for work detail and their daily beating.

I wonder if that would discourage folks from wanting to go to prison???

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Sandman

I've never heard of anybody wanting to go there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I've never heard of anybody wanting to go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that people want to go there, it's that they just don't mind going there because it really isn't all that bad.

Whatever happened to chain-gangs?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

arizona has chain gangs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Sandman

That is a good point. We should have prisons like in Turkey or something.