Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

idaho DEQ?????? is there one???

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by smalltowncowboy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

im looking to move to idaho and just got to wondering. does idaho have deq inspections? or is it city by city or none at all? any help would be great.

thank you

2. smalltowncowboy

since no body wants to answer i guess there is none

3. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I dont think any of use live in Idaho Springs. Plus I dont know what DEQ inspections is.

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Does he mean Idaho the state? When I lived there 11 years ago they didn't. :dunno:

5. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Damm I forgot about Idaho the state I'm a dumdass so I will just goto bed now

6. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

Why are you thinking about moving to idaho? I was thinking about it too, just wondering. I was going to post a questions about idaho and then realized I don't think I've ever seen a post from an Ida-ho-ian. Is there much 4 wheelin' there???

7. smalltowncowboy

im moving to idaho so my fiance can finish law school. from what ive seen they have some good mud bogs in the southern half of the state, and some good trails and mountain runs in the northen half. i have found several four wheel drive clubs in idaho.

8. blazenwhip

My sis lives in Boise and an Uncle in the northern are. My Bro-in-law and I are looking to get out of Phoenix.

9. smalltowncowboy

i would be looking to get out of there too lol. im looking at moving somewhere around moscow (thats in idaho state for some people lol). trying to find a house to buy up around there.

10. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

My wife went to school there for 1 semester. It's a long way up there. Watch out for the bigfoot. That's like the area with the highest number of sightings.

11. smalltowncowboy

lol ill keep my eyes out for him.

12. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

As far as I know Boise is the only place with any kind of inspection. I am from the opposite end of the state as Moscow but there is tons of wheeling up there. Be prepared for year long wheeling I know some guys up there and winter wheeling is a blast. Idaho is a pretty relaxed state but we do have bumper heigth rules headlight heigth. Most poeple ignore them, I do but you have to be prepared to get the ticket and pay it. I have never actually had to pay a ticket. Like I said I don't know alot about the panhandle wheeling but we have rockcrawling in Boise and in Idaho Falls area. I would excpect lots of mountain trails in Moscow. Lots more mud up there than here. Its pretty dry in southern Idaho. I live in Idaho Falls and really enjoy it. We go to central Idaho sometimes unreal wheeling there. I think the only reason Idaho isn't acknowlegded for having really good wheeling is cause we are the ignored state. "So where are you from?" " I am from Idaho" " We pronounce that IOWA here" I have had that said to me more times than you would imagine. If you have anymore questions let me know.

13. smalltowncowboy

im from hermiston oregon we pronounce it oreeeeegone lol were looking to move either aroun moscow or lewiston. im ready for some winter fun runs. done some rock crawling around boise in army trucks (but dont tell anyone lol)

14. blazenwhip

Thanks for the info. I'm going to plan a road trip once i get back to the states. My plan is to hit Colorado and idaho and check to see what I'd consider moving to. I've lived in Portland, OR. Didn't mind the rain, just not enough sun light for me. Summers are awesome though.