Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Idaho/Montana guys- wanna come north for a weekend get-together?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Can Can, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I've been a regular here since almost day one and I've only had the pleasure of meeting ONE CK5er. Rene(tRustyK5) dropped by my place when he was driving though town. I was thinking today how great it would be to be able to meet a bunch of CK5ers when a lightbulb went on in my head./forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyways, I have an idea. I own 5 acres about 4 hours west of Calgary in the Kootenay region of BC(about 1 hour north of the US border). It's kinda middle ground for all us southern BC/AB folks as well as northern Montana/Idaho folks and I would be willing to host a "North Region/Rocky Mtn." long weekend get-together sometime this summer.

I have lots of room for camping, there's an awesome little swimming lake about 5 minutes away(a big boating lake about 20 mins. away, too), and there's loads of forestry trails to explore within 15 minutes of my acreage. The Kootenay river runs right by the property and the fishing is great!!!

If anybody's interested in trying to get this going post up. It would be great to finally put a face to all those names out there. CK5ers are always welcome at my place.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Blazerfest North perhaps???????????????? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm game. I will be in Boise by then.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

That's kinda the idea, but there's no actual official off-road area there, although there are thousands of "multi-use" backcountry acres with literally hundreds of different trails around my place out there. I'm not sure of how technical th trails are but I do know that there's a seldom used road/trail that leads to an abandoned minesite WAAAAY up on the side of the mountain. If this becomes a reality you can be sure that I'll have my research done....

5. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

I am probably one of the closest. hehe I hope to get my blazer back on the road this spring from a transmission swap that lost steam after I bought my camaro. :< Would love to meet if I am in the area or if you are. Wife really wants to go to Canada since neither of us have every been.