Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Idea for a couple of *new* forums.

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Z3PR, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just a thought. "Crawlers Corner" for the rock crawling croud, and "The Mud Pit" for the mudders. Just a thought. Maybe "The trail head" for those who do nothing more then basic trails.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We already have too many forums and the rock crawler guys have a decent forum called "center of gravity" General wheeling is talked about over and over in the garage.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

last i checked the "CoG" was a advanced fabrication and advanced 4x4 theory forum.

i think the ideas are good, but there are too many people who rockcrawl here that the "mud bog" forum would be unused except by a few.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

[ QUOTE ]
    last i checked the "CoG" was a advanced fabrication and advanced 4x4 theory forum.

i think the ideas are good, but there are too many people who rockcrawl here that
    the "mud bog" forum would be unused except by a few.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct on both points. I think we should be very cautious addin new forums to avoid that "too many to keep up with or figure out where something goes" problem. I already have troubles with some of the stuff. Seems like some things fit nowhere, and others could go in one of several. If I'm having trouble figuring out where posts belong, then what is a new/casual user going to do? If anything, I would rather see them tightened up with clear focus rather than expanded further.

And "general rock crawling stuff" in the CoG would get moved without a second thought. "Advanced fabrication and advanced 4x4 theory" pretty much nails it.