Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Idea ( Patriotic )

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Z3PR, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] As you can see, my antenna has 3 sections. I'm thinking of painting the top part red, leaving the center white, placing star stickers in the bottum section, paint it blue and peal the stars off. Finish up with a coat of gloss to protect it all. I don't think paint would effect the preformance of the antenna in anyway. Think it'd look pretty cool being red, white, and blue with the stars in the blue. What do y'all think ????

2. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif I say go for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I think that would look cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'll probley do it come spring. I'm planning on replacing the pole with a 40 foot tower, so that'll be a good time to paint the antenna. (Towers are much more wind rezistent, and I do live in a high wind area) 40 foot tower + 20 foot of heavy duty water pipe with the antenna on top of that should get it up there pretty good. [ Antenna is 24 foot tall itself ]

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

There is quite a few people around me that have the towers. It also gives a good mounting place for christmas stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A friend had some lights on his tower. I gave him $h!t about it telling him he wasn't in the flight path. I told him that as a B1-B was going over his house. LOL.

7. VA-NC-SC

VA-NC-SC Registered Member

I have heard that if you plan to paint an antenna you need to use a special type of paint, I dont know if that applies to your antenna or not, you might want to look into it so that you dont paint it and end up screwing up your signal :-(

8. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

As long as you don't use any paints with metal in them you should be fine. regular household latex paint works well as do many spray paints. The only problem I would see in painting your antenna is, you wouldn't be able to see it very well. That thing isn't very big and by the time you get it 40+ feet in the air it'll look even smaller.

To be a little more noticeable why don't you get one of those little american flags everyone puts on their car and tie it up to the top of the antenna. The ones that are about 8x13" or so wouldn't create much wind resistance against the top of the antenna but would be big enough people would see it. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. VA-NC-SC

VA-NC-SC Registered Member

hey , along with that american flag, put you a full size confederate flag right under it :-) it will add a nice touch