Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ideal for 10 Bolt Axels

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey 78K5, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Woke up in the middle of the night and had a vision! What to do with all of those pesky 10 Bolts laying around in peoples yards garages and such! Well here's a thought! They ain't really good enough for a full size but I bet they would be good enough to be cut down for a strait axel conversion in a S-10 Blazer/Truck.
    I dont have the skills to do this but I'm sure someone does and Im sure that they could sell them to all the S-10 guy's. Maybe they could even get Steve to market them here on CK5 and that would draw in more of the S-10 owners and make a little money for who ever could reconfigure one of these axels and posibly make a little money for Steve at the same time.
    I know a lot of people are against the S-10's but the more people drawn into CK5 then the bigger it will get and help Steve build the monster.
    Just a thought is all.

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Good Idea Corey!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif You just stole my idea!! LOL!!

Seriously though; I've been planning a home-built S-10 Blazer trail-only machine for a couple years now. Although; I probably should finish building my K5 first!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    But it's definitely a good way to use up the 10 bolts; even if you don't cut them down! Also; didn't think of it as being a way to generate funds on CK5 but once again, kudos! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I have always wanted to build a trail and mud only S-10 for a long time but space and my life won't allow it right now. Great idea though !Drop in a 350 and lift it a bit ( not like White Knight's ) LOL ! ..... Then wheel it with the other guys ! It would be smaller and more agile than the K5 so it would be a nice compliment to the K5 ! Some day, hopefully !

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I don't know why anyone would bother to cut down a 10 bolt when junkyard Dana 44s are available in just about any width you could want.

Pete