Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ideas for a project

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Jul 26, 2005.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

hey guys, i have a little question. What mod would you do next to a pretty much stock rig. I would love to get an improvement done to it in anyway really just trying to save money. So far i have added a new carb, intake, filter, replaced front and rear main seal, all belts, and fluids. As well as lots of little things like power steering pump, fuel pump etc. I cant decided what to do next, im considering doing a rear shackle flip and 52's up front. I know that isnt an expensive project and i know i can do that. What do you guys think? I would like to spend under 1000 for now while i sell my car. Just for the info this is a D/D but some occasional mud/trail use. NO ROCKs for now.
    What do you think?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

52s are pointless if its a DD that doesn't see rocks. Will just make it unstable. Yeah I've been on the side of saying why not street drive on 52s, but that wasn't Daily Driving. I say keep it simple. 4" springs up front(say $300 with bushings), shocks all around, shackle flip out back(homebrew and its almost free), and you are good to go. Get it running tip top first.

3. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

so you think suspension is the way to go next? Thanks for the advice on the 52's up front. I do want something safe as a dailydriver. Any other ideas to do that wont break the bank to much or isnt to difficult?

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The 52s up front are very street driveable but doing it right is not that cheap as you have to change drivelines steering and several other things I would just go with a bolt on 4" spring up front and the flip in the back super simple and doesnt change the driving chararistics as much as other mods may plus fixing the steering is cheap and you should still be able to run stock drivelines

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

A set of 4" springs (try the sale forum here and on Pirate) and a shackle flip is definately the way to go. You can do that for well under $1,000.