Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ideas for easy top removal...anyone?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Craig Artzner, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hello everyone! I've been waiting to join this website for about a year now and I've finally found the Blazer of my dreams, a 1973 Cheyenne Blazer. So now I finally have an excuse to join. It's now sitting in my garage awaiting the Ohio winter to pass and spring to arrive.

I am looking for ideas for easy removal and reinstall of the fiberglass top within my garage. I'm thinking a good pulley system may be the way to go (just hoist it up and drive out from underneath it).

I thought about getting a soft top for it but there is no way I'm drilling into the rust-free body of this truck, it's too nice. And I like the way the fiberglass top looks anyway.

[​IMG]

2. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Well, now that your a member, if you type "top removal" into the search bar, you get LOTS of good info.
    Plenty of reading to keep ya busy!
    Make sure you put the quotes around it just like above.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Wow, another new member with an awesome rig!!!! Thanks for supporting the best 4x4 site on the Net, my friend. :bow: :bow: :bow:

As mentioned above, the search tool is a good option. You might also want to post up your question in the 69-72 forum and see if any of the 1st Gen guys have any suggestions.

Welcome to CK5, brother!! :thumb:

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have a boat winch and pulley system hooked up in my carport. I usually use some of the ratcheting tie downs to attach the top to the hook...

Rene

5. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

6. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I use my buddy and and a case of beer for persuasion.:D