Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ideas for my k5 ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Apr 12, 2001.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

I plan to put a 6 inch sus lift on my k5 here sometime soon i allready have a 3 inch body lift on it,so that will make 9 inch lift total and i plan on running 39.5 inch boggers i have a dana 60 and 14 bolt so i have no problems with the axle part and i have a 350 with a edelbrock intake and carb and a good cam and headers in it so its a good healthy motor in my truck know and i plan to put in 4:88 gears ,does this sound like a good setup or no, anybody have better ideas ?

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

What tranny and t-case do you have? Personaly, I wouldn't leave the 3 inch body lift in. Take it out, or get a 1" or a 2" and trimm a bit more. The rest sounds good. Good luck and take pics.

[​IMG]

3. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

I have a 9" suspension and 3" body running 40" hawgs and it still rubs going over good size rocks or up the front of a datsun. you will have to cut your fenders for clearence.
    Just some info for ya.

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!!
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Dont worry abou the 3 inch body lift... Everyone said I'd hate it and I think it complilents the 4 inch susp just fine!!!

[​IMG]See me at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.inhomenetworking.com/78jimmy.htm>http://www.inhomenetworking.com/78jimmy.htm</A>