Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ideas on a donor vehice ,I need a a fly wheel for a one piece main seal.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 72Blazerod, May 24, 2003.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Hi guys,
    I am putting a 1990 Corvette L-98 (the entire engine, not just the TPI unit) into my 1972 Blazer. I want to run my original SM465 behind it, but I know that I need a flywheel that will mate to a one piece rear main seal on the Vette engine. What donor vehicles should I be scrounging in when I am at the junkyard? Just for your info, the Vette engine did come with its original starter and I have the original Blazer starter too. So, what years? What vehicles? How many teeth (considering I have both starters)?

2. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

I have a stock 1 piece rear main flywheel in my shop. Came out of my 88 Jimmy.
    Coming to Victoria anytime soon?

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Ideas on a donor vehice ,I need a a fly wheel for a one piece main seal

yep, any SM465 flywheel from a one piece rear motor. Even the '88+ trucks got the 465 for awhile, so theres even more interchange.

I *think* maybe the NV4500 flywheel wll interchange as well, but if someone is offering you one free or cheap that you know will work, if you can, go get it. You can get those things turned for like $25. Last flywheel I did cost me a whopping $35 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif