Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ideas on a donor vehice ,I need a a fly wheel for a one piece main seal?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72Blazerod, May 24, 2003.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Hi guys,
    I am putting a 1990 Corvette L-98 (the entire engine, not just the TPI unit) into my 1972 Blazer. I want to run my original SM465 behind it, but I know that I need a flywheel that will mate to a one piece rear main seal on the Vette engine. What donor vehicles should I be scrounging in when I am at the junkyard? Just for your info, the Vette engine did come with its original starter and I have the original Blazer starter too. So, what years? What vehicles? How many teeth (considering I have both starters)?

2. Rusty68

Rusty68 1/2 ton status

I would just get a flywheel from a 87 and up truck with a 305/350 motor. Should be the same tooth count as the early style as the newer starters fit the older trucks. I know this because I have a starter from a 92 on my 68...

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

just remember that 153 tooth wheels fit the straight across bolt hole starter noses and the 168 tooth wheels fit the staggered bolt hole starter noses
    86 was first year for one piece rear main seals, 86 and up is wheel you need to find,