Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. gunner_vincent

gunner_vincent Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Alright fellas, posted one earlier, but forgot to mention... I am not wanting to trim fenders, trying to the keep body factory. I am digging the stiffer ride with 6" PROCOMP lift, unless you guys can sway me otherwise. Also about tires are 35x12.50 my best bet if I go with the 6" or could I sneak in some 36's? I am not wanting the tires to look undersized (meaning 35's), and speaking of tires, my soon-to-be rig is a daily driver (2 miles) to the AF Base. I was looking at MT Baja, and Pro comp X Terrain's. Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

whatever you do... DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT get MT Baja Claws (bias ply)

-They are not street-freindly at all
    -If you want to be able to hear your stereo you better be willing to put up some makor cash to have it pumping like 3000 watts or something. I had baja claws on my truck for 2 years, and now that they're off I can finally hear myself think /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

-In fact I eventually figured out that because they wore so bad that they were the leading cause of my death wobble... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have 9" of lift with 35's and they still smash the front fenders.

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Tire size, lift and fender rub all depend on ONE thing:

What do you do with your truck? If ya wheel the piss out of it, yer gonna rub with bigger tires period (unless you do the 30inch lift. You should be able to run 35's without rubbing under a 6inch, but if you get into any flexy situations, you'll end up rubbing sooner or later. The X-terrain is a terrible tire IMO. Those things wear FAST! The Baj Claw, well, check out B to C's reply. If your truck spends most of it's time on the road, check out the Goodyear MTR's or BFG AT's. If ya plan on wheeling it alot, look into the BFG MT's (or, if highway manners don't matter, Boggers /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif).

Just my 1/2 of 1/2 of .02 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif