Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Identification

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hunden, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Hunden

Hunden Registered Member

Hello, I have a buddy trying to sell a Blazer, and we were trying to figure out what axels and trasfer case he had, and if they were worth anything.
    They are, Front B260
    Rear GM6
    Transfercase C-99-404
    It's an 80 Fullsize Blazer.
    Thanks Damon

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Go to the tech section man! Make at the begining of the webpage!!!

3. Hunden

Hunden Registered Member

Thanks for your heart felt responce, I did go there first, It does not tell he what thier worth, nor does it list numbers, Having not seen the axles myself and him without internet, and an hour in between us, I figured someone here could use their wealth of knowledge to help me out on the limited info I have.
    Thanks Again
    Damon

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Little explanation!
    First, you haven't filled out your profile, so I have no idea if you're in Alaska, or Florida! So that makes a difference on how much they're worth! I get one tons down here for $100 a pop! Second, Count the bolts and ask the guy on the phone how many are there!!!!! Once you get the axle make, ask what they're worth!!!! Production numbers don't do crap man!!! All they are, are the production plant and year! They don't say much for what they are!!!! This is why I have to point out the obvious!!!! You're new here and we get alot of obvious questions, most of the time, I let them go, but I felt I would help you out!

Second, On the TC! what does it look like? How many bolts hold it to the Tranny? What kind of tranny do you have!? If it's the stock tranny according to the spec chart, then more than likely it's got the stock TC!!!! If you want a detailed answer, like what specific axle you have, ask a more specific question! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

not trying to be a smart ass but its not worth anymore than what someone is willing to pay, they go from 400 bucks on up, like any other vehicle, depends on condition ect.

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Try this link: Kelly Blue Book

If its dead stock, in that year you should have a Dana 44 front end and a 12 bolt rear end. Most '80 trucks all came with the 205 transfer case but if it was early or later in the year it could have a different kind.

7. Hunden

Hunden Registered Member

Thanks guys. BATguy, I am so stupid I don't even know what questions to ask. You are right I am new here. And to tell you the truth I didn't even know I had a profile. But I will fill it out. As for asking the guy about the bolts and where they bolt to and such. I asked him to count the bolts on front and rear. He said it was 10 front and 11 rear.
    I will go look at them myself with a print out from the tech section. Thanks.
    I can imagine you get tired of people asking "THE OBVIOUS"
    I assure you it was not obvious to me or I would not have asked. I guess I will research more myself first, instead of just asking someone who may know more then me, to help. I am sorry I wasted your time, by making you read my post.
    Thanks again Damon