Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Identifing AC Delco 60G glow plugs

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by azblazor, Oct 12, 2002.

1. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My K30 wouldn't start. It had been getting progressively harder to start. I checked the glow plugs with a ohmmeter and they were all open except for 1. I went to auto zone and asked for 60G's. They brought them out and when I was looking at them - they don't have 60G stamped on them anywhere. They say AC-Delco 203 and a bunch of other numbers - but no 60G anywhere. The ones I took out were plainly labled AC-Delco 11G. Whats up with this?? Normal?? Anybody look at their 60G's and see what I'm talking about?
    Thanks

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I just bought mine from Autozone last week! They clearly stated 60G on the side of them!!!!! I'd go back and make sure they are pulling up the right ones!!!!!! I've recieved way too many wrong parts from them to put it by them!
    Sometimes you have to do the work for them without being overly agressive! But once again, Mine clearly had AC60G stamped on the side of them!

3. azblazor

Well they came in AC-Delco boxes labeled with 60G on the side - I was in a BIG time bind to get the truck running.....so I took them and installed em. But it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. Maybe they were made for AC-Delco by a vendor? But thanks for looking - I know that at least they SHOULD be marked with 60G.
    Thanks a lot

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I know my 60Gs did not warm up as fast as the 11Gs. Had to install a manual switch to get some extra "on" time when it was cold out. John Kennedy offers some glow plugs that are too be as durable as the 60Gs but warm faster.

5. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

No, that's not it.
    That K30 does not like that warm weather. It wants to come home to Michigan. Send it to me and I'll take good care of it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

6. azblazor

Maybe I'll trade you for that 91?? BTW you aren't trying to hijack this post are you? I'm looking for a 91 suburban you know. Why don't you PM me with what you paid for that thing, prices for suburbans are really sagging due to all the dealer incentives