Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Identify my blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by firestrmrr, Mar 9, 2000.

1. firestrmrr

firestrmrr Newbie

I have a 84 blazer with a 305 4barrel, AIR, power windows, PS, and no owners manuel.
    The sticker under the hood says that it is a Sequoia special, whatever that means. It has a 4 speed Auto tranmission (sticker says HD tran)is this the 700-R4?
    Also it has a 208 transfer case w/automatic hubs (could be full time,I don't know).
    I will appreciate any info or a copy of the owners manuel.
    Also can i just swap out the hubs to a manual like a Warn without messing with anything else.

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Don't know what a "Sequoia Special" is. A sequoia is a big tree in CA or the Cherokee tribal leader that inified the five civilized tribes in Oklahoma, if you care.
    With a 305, the 4sp tranny will be a 700-R4. The HD trans probably refers to a HD tranmission cooler. The hubs are auto lockers. Just buy some manual locking hubs and install them. It's an easy job, don't even take the tires off. That's it. Warn is the brand I would recommend.

3. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Look in the golve box for a sticker with production codes. I thought there was a web site that had the translations for the codes but can't locate it; maybe someone can help us out on that one. Anyways, that sticker (if still there) can give you insight into the options that came on the truck. HD might mean Heavy Duty Tranny/towing.

The NP208 should be part time unless someone modified it. For an owner's manual, go to this site and you'll see the GM section for Owner's Manuals
    <font color=red>http://www.helminc.com/</font color=red>

Hope this helps,
    <font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>