Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Identify Wire

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, Dec 7, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I was pulling out my CB radio power wire and didn't pull the battery calbe and grounded it out against the metal bracket that as some type of cable going through it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif It sparked, and now my interior lights won't come on. The CB power wire was spliced into the yellow wire that goes into the lower part of the fuse box, in between the wire with the green connector and the orange wire in the picture. I checked all the fuses and they all came out good. My question is, what is this wire, where does it go, and what might have blown when I grounded the wire out? Thanks [​IMG]

2. unsane

unsane Guest

its possible it goes to the factory stereo wiring harness...get a chiltons and look at the diagrams, or go to the library and check one out...

3. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

What up?

www.the12volt.com

It has wiring for every thing with colors and schematics, just set up a user name and pass word, and its free.

Good luck
    -Matt

4. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

5. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

You *could* have burned out the lights in the dash. I did that to a VW years ago and it took me about a week to figuire it out.

I would trace the wires for any inline fuses too.

BTW - My rig does not have that wire.