Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Idiot installers at 4WPW

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazin Ed, May 26, 2002.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

I made the mistake of having 4WPW install my 4" lift 'cause I didn't have the time... I took out the add-a-leaf they installed in the rear of my '88K5 and found out the center bolt was completely stripped and all the springs were floating around! They did my friends '89 Sub at the same time they did mine and when he got home he discovered they didn't put the nut on one of the front shock bolts, 1 of the 2 shocks on the drivers side was already dangling w/ the other one ready to fall off!!!

He brought a friend to the shop last weekend to get a lift installed on his TJ, when they arrived to pick it up there was some kid who was pissed off since he was the last one there and they saw him stripping some of the bolts out of frustration!!!

I will never let them install anything of mine again! If I don't have the time, it's gonna wait!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd take it back...have them make it right. They should stand behind their work. Then stay as far as possible from 4WPW...

Rene

3. GMMANIAC

GMMANIAC Registered Member

Idiots doesn't describe those guys enough. My friends and I in San Antonio refer to them as " DOPE SMOKIN HILLBILLYS ". It's pretty pethetic when you have to look up your own part #'s when you want something to be ordered correctly. I bought some BFG M/Ts on special once and developed a tire pull after they were installed not to mention the weights that were slinging due to improper installation, they tried to sell me everything under the sun to fix the problem except for replacing the two front tires that were causing the problem. I finally went to NTB and had them warrantied under a manufacturer defect. In short I would never let or trust them or anyone to touch my ' 89 K5.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I never let anyone work on my truck, esp. 4WPW.
    That way if something goes wrong I know who to blame.
    --Mike

5. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Yeah, unfortunately I found this out the hard way! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif