Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Idiot installers at 4WPW

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin Ed, May 26, 2002.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

I made the mistake of having 4WPW install my 4" lift 'cause I didn't have the time... I took out the add-a-leaf they installed in the rear of my '88K5 and found out the center bolt was completely stripped and all the springs were floating around! They did my friends '89 Sub at the same time they did mine and when he got home he discovered they didn't put the nut on one of the front shock bolts, 1 of the 2 shocks on the drivers side was already dangling w/ the other one ready to fall off!!!

He brought a friend to the shop last weekend to get a lift installed on his TJ, when they arrived to pick it up there was some kid who was pissed off since he was the last one there and they saw him stripping some of the bolts out of frustration!!!

I will never let them install anything of mine again! If I don't have the time, it's gonna wait!

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

they must be paying them boys about 5 dollars an hour to do the work when they are charging 75 an hour thats what it sounds like to me

3. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Yeah but even if they are only getting paid 5 bucks an hour they shouldnt be taking there aggression out on customers property.

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

My brother in-law got shafted by them on a lift kit also.
    He ordered a 8" kit with rear springs for a 73-87 GM. They sent blocks and add-a-leafs for the rear, and still charged $800+. He ended up eating the cost of shipping it back, they were pricks about the deal. I know he specified rear springs because he ordered from my house while I was sitting next to him.