Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Idiots Trying to save gas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

So i was leaving the town where i live to come back to my parents house for labor day weekend. I go through the driveway at the local fast food place. I pull in behind a guy in a newer Pontiac Bonneville. He stops at the Speaker thing by the menu shuts off his car. I was like what the hell. I heard him do his order, then he started his car, drove up to the window. I made my order and drove ahead behind him again, and his car was shut off again :rolleyes: He was prolly wasteing as much gas shutting it off and starting it as it would of took to idle

Gas is 3.19 here now... :doah:

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I usually have to do that just so I can understand what they are saying on the speaker :doah:

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I've to do in the Blazer to hear them.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

diesels and drive thru's dont mix..

Be glad you dont have a diesel!--I ALWAYS have to kill the motor at a drive up window or speaker--otherwise all they hear is CLACK CLACK CLACK!!---and I smoke out the whole resturaunt if they make me wait more than 30 seconds at the window!--I seem to get my food faster when I'm in the diesel pickup! :rolleyes: :crazy:

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I have to do that with the Fodge or I can't hear a damn thing :D . Then that is followed by a three point turn to get to the damn window :haha:

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

At least he was attempting to save. Not like the dumbass kids last night near my house, driving like the gas pedal is an ON/OFF switch, rather than a proportional control. I guess Mommy & Daddy are still giving them gas money, 'cause I KNOW Mickey D's and Old Navy aren't paying enough for these kiddies to burn that much gas...

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I took our powerstroke through a drive through that had walls on both sides, not only did I have to shut it off for myself, but every other person in line because nobody else could hear over it either. :eek1:

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My burb and K5 I had to shut it off at drive thrus. The burb's driver side pipe exited below the passenger door so it pointed right at the speaker or window. Scared the crap out of myself one time. Got on it after some stupid kids just walked in front of the truck so I wanted to scare them. That damn truck was LOUD...

9. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

some guy in a mid 80's Chevy pickup was doing that behind me at the drive-thru the other day.

every time he'd crank it, his starter would grind like hell, like it's fixing to go out on him.

I was sitting there thinking "this fool's going to wear out a $30 starter to save $1.00 in gas"