Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Idle Problem (Non Vacuum)?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rocky91, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Rocky91

Rocky91 Registered Member

When my truck gets warm it starts to kind of stumble when at a idle (like its about to stall out). It does it in gear or park so I don't think it's vacuum related, but it is more noticable under load. I've been working on it for a month now but can't seem to figure it out. I've replaced all filters, spark plugs/wires, distributor cap/rotor, O2 sensor, and TPS Sensor. I've checked vacuum lines, EGR, and timing. Anyone have any ideas? It is a '91 350 TBI. Thanks

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

heya, yea mine would just stumble and die when it was cold, it could be a old warn out IDLE AIR CONTOL sensor, that is located on the back left of your throttle body, i replaced mine with one from autzon, wow, what a differnece, only 36$ too, good luck.

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Wrong forum, but...
    It could possibly be that the TBI casting is worn around the throttle shaft.

Spay just about anything around the throttle shaft bore and the idle should change as the vacume leak at the shaft is is clogged up with what-ever is sprayed.
    If this is the case, do a search, several posts have been made.

(NOT to be an ass, just tring to stay on track.)

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Unhook the battery for a few minutes to clear the computer. Sometimes TBI engines activate the EGR solenoid all the time, its the damndest thing. The EGR is fine, its just getting told to work at the wrong time. I had to work on an '89 S-10 Blazer that did that. Your timing could be off too. It should 0 with the computer unplugged. Your emissions sticker will tell you how to do this. I doubt its the EGR, but its just an interesting little tid-bit.