Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

idle problem..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Dec 13, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my blazer runs at a high rpm like i got my foot right in it when its sitting in park/neutral..but when i put it in gear it will back down..any one got a clue?

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

maybe because when you put it in a drive gear you put a load on the motor, so it idles lower. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif just a thought.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Geno

Geno Registered Member

Sounds like maybe the choke needs adjusted, might be stuck on fast idle, Spray alot of carb cleaner on it , might be gummed up. Check idle screw see if you can adjust it down a bit. Check your timing, should be set around 8 or so , (with vaccum disconnected.) Just some ideas, hope it helps /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea something i nosticed the choke light comes on and seems to stay on...i dunno..i had it running for a few minuts just to run it for a little bit...i had to stop cuase it has a major exhuast leak and i was dying from the smoke (and have my floor is ripped out..so it was going in the cab) lol...but my dad says when he lets it run longer and it warms up it goes down...so maybe i just didnt run enough to see...it HAS been in the cold garage for like a month now with out running... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif