Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If anyone is intersted here are some pics of my other toy at the track last night.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Codeman96, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

God it was hot but I had fun. My brother-in-law is in from Kosovo (Nat Gaurd) and I let him make a few passes as well and he got some pics of me. Just thought I'd share. No comments about that fact that it's a Ford either. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  2. google

google 1/2 ton status

Last night? That says jan 4 2004. And that's my car.... and that's me behind the wheel. What are you trying to do?

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Just kidding. Is that a custome front end? Looks strange from the side. Almost like the front end of an old fast back or something.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Custom front end ? Its a Mercury Capri , not a Muffsting :D

4. google

google 1/2 ton status

Oh, shows what I know. Thought it looked funny.

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

6. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

BINGO! I hate it when people say your "Mustang", then I have to explain it's not. LOL

As far as the date its his camera not mine and well I guess he can't set the date. :doah:

7. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

What kind of numbers?

8. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

To date it has gone 8.22 @ 85.xx in the 1/8th. It won't 60 foot like I think it should, I honestly believe that it hits the slicks too hard on launch. I don't think that is bad for a pretty much stock 302 shortblock and box stock '69 302 heads. If I ever get someone a little lighter than my fat ass to drive it I would say it is capable of a 8.00 or 7.90 something. You could shave 100lbs off of it pretty easy just changing drivers taking that much off a 275hp motor would probably help alot. Anyway I am pretty proud of my old heap I whole lotta fun for the $1500 bucks I have invested in it. Bought it rolling from a buddy of mine after it sat in his parents barn for 7 years for $800 and then threw a bunch of parts in it that I had stock piled. That being said I helped put it together when we built it in college he lost interest and I benifited finally after several years. LOL

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Paint looks allright for sitting for years , lots of elbow grease huh :D

I have to do mine every few months or the Tan starts turning chalky in the sun .

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

codeman, where did you go to school? i went to school with a guy who had several Capris, and i seem to remember him hanging around with a guy named Cody. connection there? :dunno:

11. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

Nope it was actually under a car cover in the barn for all those years. Nothing but a good bath. Now that being said it takes a good picture. We screwed up when we painted it and didn't put any flex agent in the paint for the front bumper and its peeling pretty bad and there are some other bubbles and scratches all over it. The car is a 25 footer. LOL