Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If anyone runs across an open 14BFF let me know...........

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Jan 4, 2003.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Eventually will be putting one in the Burb just for the peace of mind the full float will give me. The 14BSF in it is in good shape and has a factory Gov Lok so no hurry but if I find a FF cheap I'll snap it up, drop a Detroit in it and put in 4.88 gears (Josh, you still have that contact that does gear swaps for $150 each end?)

Which brings another question - is there a carrier split with the 14BFF? Say if I want to go from 4.10's to 4.88's.

Thanks.......... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Looks like you have been busy on the Sub and your website /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

There is no carrier spilt for the 14b. they make what is called a thick gear when you go over a 4.56.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yeah, creature comforts were first priority this time around..............stereo and alarm first, map light, etc. Lift is all in place, just waiting on the ubolts from Benz Spring and a time to install it..........picked up the wheels and tires from 4WPW yesterday also.

And most importantly, the running boards are long gone............... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Let me know when you and Shane plan the lift and I could probably swing by and help [subliminal message]DRINK BEER[/subliminal message] install the lift..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

As soon as KennyW gets his truck fixed I will have a 14ff I will sell.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

OK, let me know. I assume it's 3/4 ton and open, right? Or does it already have a Detroit in it? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. BadBowtie1

Ya its 3/4 ton and open.I'll let you know when I get it.

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Actually it is a 1 ton w/ 3.73's and open carrier. All the gears look to be in good shape (r/p and spiders). But the brakes may need to be gone thru (you want disc's anyway right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) If you were interested in it you could just arrange to buy it from Brian and I could drop it off on my way thru Portland...

I also have another Dana 60 from a 3/4 ton with 4.10's (30 spline carrier) but have not checked the internals out yet. I'm hopeing for a Power-Loc as I find a lot of them in the 60-66 GMC's.

10. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

hey now... your not giving away my rear end are ya... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

If it's one ton, and therefore needing perches moved, I'll pass. I can find one locally I'm sure that's a 3/4 ton for less than $200. Gears don't matter since I'll be moving up to 4.88's but moving perches and shock mounts won't be needed with the 3/4 ton version.

Staying drum brakes by the way............no need for discs. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

12. kennyw

Actually I may have spoke too soon, he may have another axle that my 1 ton axle is replacing for him... Hope I didnt cause any confusion but some of the axles I have traded/sold with brian have been sold and traded back and forth around the OBH members a couple times around...

13. kennyw

No, I have 2 dana 60 rear axles... well 3 if you count the one from a Ford. Just decided not to run it in my 79 because I want to keep it a daily driver and just go thru with rebuilding the 12 bolt (I already have the parts to rebuild it anyway). Mosier axle shafts and it will last another 100K+

14. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

OK, just let me know when you know for sure. No hurry........... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. BadBowtie1

I will have a 3/4 ton 14ff as soon as I get the dually in my yard gone.So when I get I'll let you know.

16. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif