Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

If I didnt have bad luck I would not have any luck at all

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Jun 4, 2005.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok so today I replaced my alternator.. now to see if my battery still gets drained.... so it is recharging....

next lets move to my rear disc brakes..... I put a pad in backwards and it scored up the rotor... my mistake and I am proud to say it.... I did the job in the dark and rushed.... so I flipped the pad.... well lately the brakes sound REALLY LOUD!!! you know that hum drum brakes made... I thought maybe someone swapped my axle out for a drum brake setup..... J/K...

anyhow... took my tire off today then took the caliper off.. I removed the pad from the front of the rotor... however couldnt find the one that the piston pushes..... so I looked and looked.. then realized the piston on the caliper was ground up..... not too bad... so somehow I have put the pad in wrong and it fell out :confused:

I have done disc brakes since 1988 and NEVER had a problem... so I replaced the rotor and put new pads on and had someone re-check my work... phew.. hopefully it is good now....

just sucks that if I didnt have bad luck I wouldnt have any at all....

now gotta work on the clutch....

2. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Are you my long lost brother? I knew I couldn't be the only "Murphy" in the bunch!!!! :D

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

join the club... i thought i fixed my brakes yesterday, but now i have no brakes again >:|

4. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

i just put new brakes on my forklift and started to back it out and of course, no brakes
    so as i was rolling down my lot into the street i managed to run myself over, break two bones in my foot, and almost hit a police car as he was driving down the street...
    after i recieved my ticket i realized the valve installed to make a parking brake was closed....
    they work fine now though :waytogo: