Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

if i had rear blocks..and a saggy butt..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Oct 18, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dont have a lift on my truck yet, but i was just wondering if i had rear blocks and my rear end was still sagging..(which i know it will cause the stockers sag bad) could i put a add a leaf or zero rate in it to raise it back up...would that fix it?

thanx

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Add a leaf yes but I'm not sure I would use a Zero rate with an existing block. A Zero rate is really a block secured to the spring pack. It's widly felt that stacking blocks is very bad.
    These trucks give an optical illusion of being low in the rear. The truck is not square. The truck is tallest and widest at the B-piller and then tapers in both width and hight at the rear. It's teardrop shapped anotherwords.
    WHen checking for level the rockers are the best point of refference. Most people feel these truck look better with the rear about 1.5 inches higher than they are stock.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok thanx, yea i think they look better that way to...

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I fully agree. Even with the back end set higher, loading up for the trail with the top on and a full tank of gas tends to level everything back out anyway.